- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
MicroC/OS-II: The Real Time Kernel Hardcover – Feb 5 2002
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
""MicroC/OS-II...does much more than simply present usable source code (though it does that also). It explains WHY the code is the way it is."
About the Author
Jean J. Labrosse is a senior technical staff member at Dynalco Controls in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He has a master's degree in electrical engineering and has been designing embedded systems for many years. Labrosse is the author of the popular operating system and book MicroC/OS-II: The Real-Time Kernel. He has written articles for numerous magazines, and is a regular lecturer and advisory board member for the Embedded Systems Conference.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
No need to shop for another kernel, no need to shop for other books to explain how a kernel works. This book is the answer to all your questions about "What is a real-time kernel? And how does it work?"
I highly recommend this book to beginners as well as experienced embedded programmers.
If you only want to learn the different aspects of writing and debugging code for embedded systems, I highy recommand "An Embedded Software Primer" by D.E. Simon. If you have Simon's, you don't need uCOSII.
MicroC/OS II is very much in today's spirit of open-source software. It is rapidly becoming, for real-time embedded systems, what Linux represents for desktops. I also agree with another reader, who points out that the OS is not just a good OS for real-time systems, but a good, _RELIABLE_, OS in general. If only we could get Microsoft to follow LaBrosse's KISS approaches.
My project required an RTOS with more features than the MicroC/OS kernel had to offer but, having read this book, I was in a good position to understand the RTOS I did choose. The fundamental concepts were the same and the notation that Jean Labrosse used in his book to describe RTOS components came in handy when designing my own software system architecture.
Most recent customer reviews
If you are just starting to learn RTOS this book may have some value. If you have played with RTOS for a few years this book may not have much value to you. Read morePublished on June 17 2003
Whether or not you end up using this RT Operating System - or another - or not be using an Operating System at all - this book gives you a very good illustration of all concurrency... Read morePublished on April 7 2003 by Yoav Yanai
never in my career i've seen a so good, clear written book!
exceptional value for money! you can learn the basics of real
time os in a very short time thanks to mr... Read more
There is no equivalent to this book. The knowledge offered here, along with the complete source code for the µC/OS real-time operating system is everything you need to know to... Read morePublished on June 26 2002 by Family Account
The book clarifies some of the most obscure real-time programming concepts. It even does it in a language accessible to everybody, with tons of images and code samples. Read morePublished on April 24 2000 by Night Train
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence > Robotics
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Microprocessors & System Design > Embedded Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Website Architecture & Usability
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Computer Technology > Robotics & Automation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Robotics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering