With Publisher 2010, you can easily communicate your message in a variety of publication types, saving you time and money. Whether you are creating brochures, newsletters, postcards, greeting cards, or e-mail newsletters, you can deliver high-quality results without having graphic design experience.
Easily fine-tune every picture to help your publication look its absolute best. Click to enlarge.
Give your text the appearance of expert typesetting with new OpenType typography. Click to enlarge.
Get the job done right the first time with Publisher 2010.
Create visually compelling publications
Publisher 2010 provides a broad range of new and improved tools that help you look like a design genius and create content that's sure to impress.
- Use improved picture-editing tools--including the ability to pan, zoom, and crop your images and picture placeholders--that make it a snap to replace images while preserving the layout of your page. Easily fine-tune every picture to help your publication look its absolute best.
- Design and reorganize pages like a pro with new object alignment technology. This technology provides visual guides to help you effortlessly align and position your content, but it always leaves the final layout up to you.
- Create dynamic publications in very little time when you insert and customize prebuilt building blocks of content, both built-in and from the Publisher community, directly from Publisher 2010. Choose from an array of page parts--such as sidebars and stories--as well as calendars, borders, advertisements, and more.
- Give your text the appearance of expert typesetting with new OpenType typography. Publisher 2010 provides support for the ligatures, stylistic sets, and other professional typography features available in many OpenType fonts. Use built-in or custom OpenType fonts to create text as impactful as images with just a couple of clicks.1
Manage your publications better with easy-to-use tools
It's much easier to create and manage your publications when you can work the way you want.
- The extraordinary new integrated print experience in Publisher 2010 enables you to view a full-page print preview with a host of page layout tools and adjustable print settings. The new print experience is just one of many features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu to provide a centralized, organized space for all of your publication management tasks.
- The improved, customizable Ribbon is now available in Publisher to make easily accessible the commands you need most. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs. With Publisher 2010, you're in control.
Share your publications with confidence
When it's time to share your publication, Publisher 2010 leaves nothing to guesswork.
- Compile, edit, and manage your customer or contacts list directly in Publisher, using the easy and efficient Mailings tab on the Publisher 2010 Ribbon.
- Access the Design Checker from the new Backstage view to automatically review your publication for many common errors before you share it. Get options for fixing them quickly and easily. Then, return to Backstage view when the publication is ready to go and save it to whatever format you need for easy sharing--from PDF or XPS to a range of image formats, such as JPEG or PNG.
Whether you're working on your monthly newsletter, designing a new postcard, creating greeting cards, or developing a marketing campaign for your business, Publisher 2010 helps you create the content you need more quickly, with more flexibility, and with better results.
1 The new typography tools may be used only with OpenType fonts that have the ability to support them, such as Gabriola, Candara, Cambria, Calibri, and others.