- For the unknown
- Platform: Xbox
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: Xbox
Halo: Combat Evolved [Xbox] Unknown For the unknown
From the Manufacturer
Halo, the award-winning and critically acclaimed science fiction epic adventure, is coming to the PC courtesy of Bungie and Gearbox Software. Packed with action, Halo contains all the thrilling gameplay and rich story that made it a smash hit with gamers all over the world. Now you can take the battle online with all new multiplayer including new maps, weapons and vehicles available only on your PC!
Bent on Humankind's extermination, a powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out the Earth's fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devastated colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot down and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerilla-war against the Covenant. Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
- New to Halo for the PC: Halo allows you to take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of customizable individual and team based games. Experience the all new multiplayer with the addition of new maps, weapons and vehicles. Halo's been enhanced for play on the PC with the precision offered by the mouse and keyboard and the support of high-end hardware allowing up to 1600x1200 resolution!
- Rich sci-fi experience: Halo transports you into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie. With a detailed, twisting storyline, complex characters and cunning enemies, Halo will fulfill every sci-fi enthusiast's dreams.
- Vehicle and foot-based action: Tackle missions any way you choose, be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position in a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers to human tanks and more.
- Intense online multiplayer shootouts: Take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of individual and team-based games such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Race, Oddball, Death Match, and more
- Huge Weapon Variety: Enemies can be crushed with a vast array of human or Covenant weaponry, ranging from the stealthy semiautomatic pistols and needler guns to the fierce rocket launchers and fuel-rod gun.
- Incredible mission variety: Fight the Covenant in a variety of missions as they uncover the dark secrets of Halo. Among the many objectives: to attack enemy outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry, and snipe at enemy forces.
- Indoor and outdoor combat: Fights are seamless in Halo's ultrarealistic indoor and outdoor environments as gamers hunt the Covenant in a variety of single-player and multiplayer battles.
- Optimized for the PC: With the precision of mouse and keyboard support, playing Halo is like never before. Take advantage of their high-end graphic cards and see Halo in superhigh 1,600 x 1,200 resolution.
- 5.1 compatible: Enjoy a complete surround-sound experience! Enemy troops yell out the front speakers, while friendly troops yell assistance from the right. Meanwhile, hear bullets fired from behind and watch them strike targets in front of you.
Top Customer Reviews
The detail of the multiplayer maps are amazing, in Sidewinder, the amazing cracks on the ice, in Sidecreek, the amazing graphic for the water. Whenever a grenade is thrown, a bulletmark is made, there is always a realistic mark made. Graphically, this game is the best FOR ITS TIME. The effects are also 0utstanding, the explosions and wwhen the ships lauch off, when you are on vehicle and you are kicking up dust. AI is also very intelligent, when a grenade is thrown near the enemy, they know to GET AWAY from it. A minor glitch is that when a grenade is thrown ON the enemy, they will run toward their crew and kill the whole crew which is what you want but kind of stupid.
The sound was also outstanding. You hear yourself and the enemy and your allies. Explosions sounds surreal, if you have a home theater, it would sound like you are actually in a explosion. The gun shot are realistic. No flaws here!
Gameplay in really worth mentioning. I would never thought that wacking can kill so many people and the motion looks great. Reloading the pistol gives you a Western cowboy feel because you wack relaod and he spins it on his hand.Read more ›
The graphics are exquisitely detailed, but only move at 30 frames per second rather than 60. The sound effects and voice acting are superb. The level design is among the best ever; most of the game is engaging and challenging without being frustrating. There's also high replay value thanks to the built-in single-player, cooperative, and deathmatch modes.
All I can tell you is that whenI play this game with my husband, the graphics are amazing! I really feel like we are hunting out the other players. Thsi game is worth EVERY PENNY!
i started playing halo 3.0 and purchased halo 1,2 after wards as i required the xbox 360 reversal software.........i have encountered minor ghosting but that can be removed by restarting from last save point or rebooting console, but remember to save game; ghosting happened once and when there where multiple huge explosion's!
halo story line is 90%, game is 90%.....first video game where i actually stopped to watch story line!!!!
There is a lot of beautiful looking enviroments that look ok even today, with quite a few indoor.
Vehicles are a must, you'll have a blast playing co-op with one player in the gunner seat, and another driving.
Multiplayer is lacking however, only because of the size. There still is no online support, unless you use a thing that barley anybody knows about. You can always try to use system link, but microsoft is apparently not making these anymore...
This is one of the least violent M rated games i've ever played, if i didn't know better, I would think this was rated T.
You need to try this out man, you won't regret it.
Most recent customer reviews
Perfect! Came earlier than expected, NO SCRATCH at all! Thank you so much!!Published 8 days ago by Lau
Game Works Great. Arrived in good condition. No problems during gameplay.Published 10 months ago by Jason Kolaritsch
Fast shipping. Product arrived as described. Highly recommended.Published 14 months ago by stephane pellerin