Savvy—n. Practical know-how.
FrontPage 2003 makes web development and maintenance easier than ever. At the same time, it holds more power than ever—meaning that even experienced users can use some help taking advantage of everything it has to offer.
Microsoft FrontPage 2003 Savvy provides that help. Using a variety of informational, corporate, and commercial sites as examples, this book walks you through the web development cycle. You'll learn how to define and meet specific site goals, make wise technical choices, overcome inevitable obstacles, and keep the site working and evolving in ways that makes all its stakeholders happy.
Tutorial-based instruction gets you up and running no matter what your experience. You'll also get focused coverage of new FrontPage features, including accessibility checking and improved CSS and Sharepoint support. Continue your progress with in-depth examinations of advanced topics plus hard-to-find workarounds and shortcuts. And beautifully realized examples, both online and in the book's full-color insert, demonstrate some of the things you can achieve with FrontPage 2003. Coverage includes:
- Planning: workspace customization, site architecture, content acquisition, server setup, team-building.
- Building: page layout, graphics placement, formatting text and links, navigation design and implementation.
- Adding dynamic content: animation, ActiveX controls and other advanced objects, forms.
- Integrating applications: database connectivity, scripting, dynamic page content, search engines.
- Administration: back-end interface design, remote maintenance, setting up your own web server.