Dive deep into Microsoft® Project 2010 with reference and best practices from project management experts
Learn proven methods and hard-won lessons from project management professionals—and apply these skills as you work with Microsoft Project 2010. In this two-in-one kit, project management expert Bonnie Biafore shows you how to manage projects efficiently and effectively, and shares the experiences of professionals in the field. You'll then learn how to put these skills to work with Project 2010, using hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds.
The two books included in this kit are:
Microsoft Project 2010 Inside Out
Conquer Microsoft Project 2010—from the inside out! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts tackle Project 2010—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Take charge of the project triangle—time, money, and scope—to balance your plan
- Enable collaboration among team members, sponsors, and other project stakeholders
- Manually schedule tasks or use the automatic scheduling engine
- Track and control your project using earned value analysis
- Create pivot views of project data with Microsoft Excel® 2010 and Visio® 2010
- Manage project activities in an enterprise project-management environment
- Apply your experience to future projects by creating your own custom templates
Successful Project Management
Project management expert Bonnie Biafore gives you professional advice for managing projects efficiently and effectively, and shares real-world experiences of project managers in several industries. Learn how to put the best practices and hard-won lessons of experts to work on your critical projects.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders, management, and team members
- Apply methods to break down the project into small, manageable pieces
- Define work assignments, choose resources, and build project schedules
- Accurately estimate project costs and work with a budget
- Identify project changes and manage risks
- Track progress and balance priorities without sacrificing quality
- Document project history and lessons-learned to help improve future projects