- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Performance Optimization and Tuning Handbook Paperback – Mar 13 2001
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book provides tools, techniques, and best practices that you can use to tune SQL Server's configuration and operation.
This book is a real gem and derserves a wide audience - Joe Karam, MCSD, MCDBA, MCT
About the Author
Ken England is President and Founder of Database Technologies, a database consulting, product evaluation and training firm. A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and a Microsoft Certified Trainer, Ken England is widely regarded as an authority on SQL Server and other leading database products. He is also the author of the SQL Server 6.5 Performance Optimization and Tuning Handbook.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
That said, I would recommend this book to anyone who deals with SQL Server on ANY level, from DBA's to web developers. Pair this book with The Guru's Guide to Transact-SQL by Ken Henderson and you've got a great start on real database development.
The author explains three things in depth and better than any books I have ever read (and I have read lot of SQL books): Index optimization, query optimization, and locking.
These three topics are usually for advanced SQL developers who must performance tune a complex database. This book is not for the beginners. Having said this, if you want to be a serious database developer, this book will put you ahead of your competition. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be or is a database developer.
I think what I liked best about it was the writing style. It doesn't read like a technical manual or textbook... it reads more like Ken England is talking to you personally. He explains concepts and techniques in a way that even I could understand. I highly recommend this book.
Most recent customer reviews
Very useful book for query tuning, optimization etc.
(for both SQL server and Sybase)
I have been amazed about how much information is in this book. The writing is clear and concise. The long section that details query tuning was an education in itself. Read morePublished on June 14 2001 by pbirch999
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Relational Databases
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > SQL Server
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Networking
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Performance Optimization
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > SQL
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages