From the Back Cover
Learning How to Use Windows XP Has Never Been Easier!
Thishighly illustrated introduction to the latest release of Windows XP is packedwith easy-to-follow lessons that make learning simple. Just follow the screensand instructions, step by step, and you'll understand the most essential andfrequently used features of Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Edition.If you want to explore beyond the basics, you'll find tips on customizing yourcomputer, setting up a home network, and much more.
Master all thefundamental skills, including:
- Navigating and managing filesand folders
- Installing and running programs with Windows XP
- Working withphotographs and still images
- Playing with music and videos
- Customizingthe look and function of Windows XP
- Setting up a home network
- Connectingyour computer to the Internet
- Exploring the web
- Customizing your online experience
- Optimizing systemperformance
- Safeguarding and troubleshooting your system
- Installing new hardware
About the Author
Faithe Wempen has authored over 20 computer books on topics including Microsoft's Windows Me, Windows 98, Office, Access and PowerPoint. Skilled at instructing newbies, Wempen's Indianapolis-based training operation teaches beginners how to use PCs. Wempen is A+ certified, holds a masters degree in English, and has taught writing and composition.