From the Back Cover
Learning How to Use Windows XP Has Never Been Easier!
This highly illustrated introduction to the latest release ofWindows XP is packed with easy-to-follow lessons that make learningsimple. Just follow the screens and instructions, step by step, andyou'll understand the most essential and frequently used featuresof Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Edition. If you wantto explore beyond the basics, you'll find tips on customizing yourcomputer, setting up a home network, and much more.
Master all the fundamental skills, including:
- Navigating and managing files and folders
- Installing and running programs with Windows XP
- Working with photographs and still images
- Playing with music and videos
- Customizing the look and function of Windows XP
- Setting up a home network
- Connecting your computer to the Internet
- Exploring the web
- Communicating online
- Customizing your online experience
- Optimizing system performance
- Safeguarding and troubleshooting your system
- Installing new hardware
About the Author
Faithe Wempen has authored over 20 computer books on topicsincluding Microsoft's Windows Me, Windows 98, Office, Access andPowerPoint. Skilled at instructing newbies, Wempen'sIndianapolis-based training operation teaches beginners how to usePCs. Wempen is A+ certified, holds a master?s degree in English,and has taught writing and composition.