Mindfulness for Beginners Audio CD – Audiobook, CD
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Jon Kabat-Zinn is one of the finest teachers
of mindfulness you will ever encounter."
Author of A Path with Heart
"Jon Kabat-Zinn provides access to the
essence of meditation and its applications
for both the beginner and those who
wish to deepen and expand their practice.
He embodies what he describes."
-DEAN ORNISH, MD --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, is the founder and director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and associate professor of medicine in the Division of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine. His clinic was featured in 1993 in the public television series Healing and the Mind with Bill Moyers. Jon Kabat-Zinn is the author of Wherever You Go, There You Are and Full-Catastrophe Living: Using Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There's a certain style of how Jon speaks (and writes, as I'm currently reading his book called Everyday Blessings)...he has these run-on sentences that work for him, as each sentence has such wonderful prose and clarity. And he's personable, and humorous, and thought-provoking. There's a lot of talk during the guided meditations, which can slightly distract the mediator, but for beginners I think this "chatting" may be beneficial to help focus the mind to stay present.
Most recent customer reviews
I have just begun to listen to the tapes and I don't feel that I can adequately review it at this time.Published 5 months ago by Carol McDonald
Not as I expected. O.k. a bit slow on the details and very brief.Published 8 months ago by Betty Hogan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Personal Growth
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Relaxation & Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Self Help
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Nonfiction
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Reference
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > General
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Meditation
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Stress Management
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern > Buddhism > Rituals & Practice
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Rituals & Practice
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation