Angela Carson: Mirrors are just glass and silver, Ben. That's it. There's nothing behind them.
Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Ex-cop Ben Carson (Keifer Sutherland) is forced by necessity to take a job as a night watchman at a Department Store that has been gutted by a major fire.
2. It doesn't take him 24 hours to find out that something's not quite right with his new job
3. Sure enough, he soon learns that the Department Store was once a totally different type of institution, and that the man who burned it down had also killed his own family. Strangely enough, the large mirrors in the building have all survived the destruction.
4. When the hallucinations start, Ben starts digging around, and discovers a clue - the word "esseker"
5. No prizes for guessing that something evil lurks in the mirror world, and soon Ben's family become targets.
6. It's up to Ben to find a way to save his family, and his time is almost up.
This is a creepy, gritty sort of horror flick that will have you thinking twice about looking into the mirror, even if you've never before been able to pass one by without checking yourself out. A bit of gore here and there adds to the drama, but the spine-tingling bits occur in the quieter moments. The ending however, isn't so much anticlimactic as understated. Recommended for folk who like to get their creep on.
Ben Carson: You gotta be careful of the water, it creates reflections!