- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Mobile Communication Hardcover – Jun 14 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Although perspectives differ on whether the effects of mobile communication are beneficial, these essays make clear that this topic is worthy of investigation. A good addition to communication and mass media collections… Recommended."
—R. Davis, Choice
“An intriguing blend of the impacts of technology on culture, "Mobile Communication" is a fine read, a core addition to any sociology and technology collections, very much recommended reading.”
About the Author
Rich Ling is professor at the IT University of Copenhagen and is also a sociologist at Telenor’s research institute near Oslo, Norway. Previously, he was Pohs Visiting Professor of Communication at the University of Michigan. He is the author of New Tech, New Ties: How Mobile Communication is Reshaping Social Cohesion,and The Mobile Connection: The Cell Phone’s Impact on Society.
Scott W. Campbell is associate professor of communication studies and Pohs Fellow of Telecommunications in the department of communication studies at the University of Michigan. His research has been published in the journals Communication Education, Communication Monographs, International Journal of Communication, Journal of Applied Communication Research, New Media & Society, and others.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Social Aspects
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology