- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Modern Tragedy Paperback – Feb 6 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“A serious, unorthodox book on a much vexed subject. … Is tragedy an event in our lives, or a literary form, or a body of dogma? Williams’ analysis here is especially fine.” ― New Society
“An impassioned, powerful book…splendid.” ― The Guardian
From the Back Cover
Modern Tragedy, first published in 1966, is a study of the ideas and ideologies which have influenced the production and analysis of tragedy. Williams sees tragedy both in terms of literary tradition and in relation to the tragedies of modern society, of revolution and disorder, and of individual experience.
Modern Tragedy is available only in this Broadview Encore Edition, now edited and with a critical introduction by Pamela McCallum.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Rhetoric
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > History
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > Tragedy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory > Semiotics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Literary Theory