310 of 315 people found the following review helpful
- Published on Amazon.com
I just got my Wellness Journal! Before buying it I was kind of frustrated that I couldn't find photos or a more in depth description of the pages (the bookstores in my area didn't have it in yet), so before I start using my journal I'm writing a quick review. This would be a 5-star rating IF the first 3 sections covered the same periods of time (goals section = 1 year, exercise section = 116 days, diet section = 29 days). This is a big enough flaw to me that I'm considering returning it.
For those still interested, here's what's included:
Food Calendar - Shows you what fruit/vegetables are available during which months of the year (both Northern and Southern Hemispheres)
Food Info - Gives some basic info for 7 dozen common foods (cal, carbs, protein, fat) with 62 blank spots for you to fill in your own (you can set the titles in this additional section to whatever you want, i.e. points, fiber, etc).
6 Labeled Tabbed Sections:
1. Personal Goals - within this section there are 3 types of pages: weekly goals, monthly goals, breakthrough moments. There are rows for up to 54 weeks (9 weeks per page). Each weekly space is enough to jot down a couple of sentences. The monthly goals start in January and end in December. There are 3 months per page, enough room for about 5-6 sentences. The breakthrough moments are blank versions of the weekly goals.
2. Exercise Log - 29 pages with 4 days on each page. The column headers are: date, exercises, time, distance/repetitions/workout notes. There is also a place to fill in intensity and cute little pictures to select the weather that day. If you're looking to fill in 4-5 workout items that'd probably fit, but you'd have to write little. If you're someone like me who wants to write, "Walking, 30 min, 2 miles, tired" then this will work well.
3. Diet - 29 pages with 1 day per page. This seems kind of dumb to me. Why would you only have 1 month of diet pages, 4 months of workout pages (assuming you workout everyday) and 1 year of personal goals. AUTHOR/EDITORS: Could you please fix this! Terrible, terrible design flaw.
4. General Health - 3 subsections, one for vitamins, herbs, other, one for healthcare, and one for body therapy.
5. Games-Sport - If you regularly play sports, this section allows you to record it: date, event, participants, result/score, challenge level. I don't play sports other than the Wii so I'd probably alter this section.
6. Inspirations - Blank pages to put people, places, photos, quotes, songs...
6 Blank Tabbed Sections - 12 pages each
Index where you can fill in the title for the included pages (all of them)