I don't have to write a long and elaborate review, plenty of people have already done so. I'll be brief: MonsterQuest is one of the most interesting T.V. show ever produced. If you are interested in Cryptozoology or the Paranormal then buy this DVD Set, you won't regret it. In my opinion this show is a must add to any DVD collection.
So the show is great....but sadly this Set contains only 8 episodes of Season 3, and to my knowledge the History channel decided not to release the other episodes on DVD. It seems like they wanted to release this Season in three different DVD Sets, and for reasons not known to us they decided not to produce Set number 2 and Set number 3. I still recommend this DVD Set because all 8 investigations are very interesting, but it's disappointing to know that the other 17 episodes of Season 3 will never be released on DVD. Or at least it won't be released anytime soon.
Here are the 8 episodes you'll find on this 2-Disc Set:
- DISC 1 (approx 188 min): Death of Loch Ness / Cattle Killers / Swamp Stalker / Devils In New Jersey
- DISC 2 (approx 188 min): Gators in the Sewers / Snowbeast Slaughter / Mega Jaws / Monster Close Encounters / Bonus
1. Death of Loch Ness : A review of researcher Robert Rhines' claim that Nessie, if it existed, may now in fact be dead and its corpse is lying somewhere at the bottom of Loch Ness.
2. Cattle Killers : An investigation into the unexplained mutilations of livestock in North America which are found drained of blood and with surgically precise wounds that do not match known predators.
3. Swamp Stalker : A trek into the swamps around Fouke, Arkansas following skilled trackers in search of a nocturnal, Bigfoot-like creature said to be responsible for violent attacks. The case inspired the 1972 documentary movie The Legend of Boggy Creek.
4. Devils in New Jersey : A 60-person research team delves into the Pine Barrens of New Jersey in search of the legendary Jersey Devil, a horse-headed, bat-winged creature reportedly haunting the area for the past 250 years.
5. Gators in the Sewers : A look back at a story from the 1930s that a swarm of alligators was found living in the sewers under New York City, and a new delve into the sewer system to see if the creatures could still be lurking there.
6. Snowbeast Slaughter : A hike into the Rocky Mountains in search of a Bigfoot-like creature that local ranchers believe is responsible for killing livestock and elk, and a look at fresh kills near Pikes Peak that could lead to the animal.
7. Mega Jaws : A search off Mexico's Baja Peninsula for a reported 60-foot shark of possible prehistoric origin that terrified local fisherman call the "Black Demon."
8. Monster Close Encounters : A look at some of the most compelling eyewitness accounts of close encounters with Bigfoot, from Minnesota to Washington state, witnesses are interviewed and evidence is tested to find out what people are seeing in the forests.