|3. Bright Lights|
|6. All I Need|
|7. Hand Me Down|
|8. Could I Be You|
|11. You're So Real|
|12. The Difference|
1. Feel- 7/10 rating (Written by Thomas, Cook, and Doucette)
This song utilizes strong guitar riffs and forceful lyrics that drive home a rockin sound. Unlike most of the other softer songs on the album, but still good.
2. Disease- 8/10 rating (Written by Thomas and Mick Jagger)
The first single off the album, this song was cowritten by Mick Jagger and enjoyed radio success on both the Billboard 100 and the Hot Adult Contemporary charts.
3. Bright Lights- 10/10 rating (written by Thomas)
Beautiful piano track that fully emphasizes the beauty of both Thomas' lyrics and voice. Reportedly will be the third single off the album.
4. Unwell- 10/10 rating (Written by Thomas)
This song starts with a banjo and is one of the most musically unique tracks that matchbox has ever put out. anyone can relate to this song.
5. Cold - 9/10 rating (written by Thomas and producer Matt Serletic)
Another rockin song with a catchy chorus. Best rock song that matchbox has done since "Bent"
6. All I Need- 8/10 rating (written by Thomas)
Catchy tune with a great hook. Another new sound for matchbox.
7. Hand Me Down- 8/10 rating (written by Thomas)
Beautiful song, another ballad that anyone can relate to.
8. Could I Be You- 8/10 rating (written by Doucette)
First song matchbox has ever put out that Thomas did not have a writing credit for. Another power ballad with beautiful piano keys and a catchy chorus.
9. Downfall- 8/10 rating (written by Thomas and Serletic)
Another unbelievably unique song from matchbox. This song utilizes the sounds of a church choir during the bridge.
10. Soul - 8/10 rating (written by Thomas, Cook, and Doucette)
This song builds up to a strong chorus. A great song to hear live.
11. You're So Real- 8/10 rating (written by Thomas)
Unbelievable song once again. Try to listen to this without at least bouncing your foot a little bit, this song has a wonderful beat to it.
12. The Difference- 10/10 rating (written by Thomas)
Great closer for this cd. This song displays the pure beauty that Thomas utilizes to write his songs. A true gem on the album.
12.5 So Sad, So Lonely- 8/10 rating (written by Thomas)
Hidden track on the album. Another rock/dance song that is unique for matchbox twenty.
Overall, this is a wonderful album from matcbox twenty. If you liked either of their first cd's or any of the songs you've heard from them on the radio, pick this cd up, it is well worth it. Rob Thomas delivers as a wonderful lyricist and pairs his talents with the strongest musically gifted band on the planet. matchbox twenty is here to stay, and this album furthers their march towards a rock and roll hall of fame induction.
this is the worst, THE worst rock since puddle of mudd
1) Feel- it might take a little while to grow on you, but it's a good song 5/5
2) Disease- a great... Read more