Honestly, this waffle maker is awesome! I used for my first try one of the recipes from the booklet and they end up surprisingly good and nicely golden. It takes a while to find out exactly how much batter to put in, but it's to be expected.
- Does not stick so the cleaning is super easy (except if you put too much batter!)
- Doesn't take too much time to warm up.
- They say it takes 5 to 8 min to cook the waffles, but I found out +/-3min was enough (I like them golden, not brown!).
- Small size
- Super easy to use
- Is is pretty light and I had the filling that it may fell back if you open it a too fast or too hard... Didn't happen but I would be extra careful with children around.
- The handle starts to get really hot after the 5th or 6th waffle.
- The shape of the handle doesn't feel "safe" to grab... you can just use the tip of your fingers... you will understand this comment if you get one...
so, basically, it is not perfect, but I think it's a great deal for many people because honestly, do you really need the Super-Fancy-Super-Expensive one???? I would not recommend for a big family though.