For the independently-mobile traveller the mountains and deserts of southern Morocco are a year-round destination offering a thrilling variety of experiences. Covering over 9000km from the High Atlas to the Mauritanian border, Morocco Overland features detailed GPS off-road routes for 4WDs, motorcycles and mountain bikes as well as scenic byways suitable for any vehicle.
The book also includes guidance on choosing and preparing vehicles, the best places and times to go, getting to Morocco as well as local fly-drive options and off-road driving and riding techniques.
- Upfront colour section on Moroccan off-road highlights
- Getting to Morocco: Cross country routes and Mediterranean ferries
- Guidelines on vehicle choice and preparation
- Fly-drive: local 4WD and bike rentals
- Over 40 GPS routes covering 9000km, including the Atlantic Route to Mauritania
- Each route is reversible and graded for difficulty, scenery and best time of year
- 50 pages of maps covering each route
- Additional mapping and GPS downloads available at www.morocco-overland.com
With more than 40 easy-to-follow-routes ranging from High Atlas trails reaching 3000m to arid canyons winding past hidden Berber villages and from the Atlantic surf to former Dakar Rally pistes, this comprehensive route and planning guide will appeal to both the first timer looking to dip their toe in Africa and to the seasoned adventurer.