You’ve developed a killer app for one mobile devicenow its time to maximize your intellectual investment and develop for the full spectrum of mobile platforms and devices. With Multimobile Development, youll learn how to quickly retool your application between the Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, and Symbian platforms and broaden the interest and audience of your app.
Multimobile Development takes you through the same mobile software development project on each platform, learning the differences between and the relative strengths and weaknesses of each platform as you go. No magic intermediate layers of obfuscationby the time you get to the end you'll be an expert at developing for any of the major smartphone platforms using each vendor's preferred toolset and approach.
Multimobile Development covers the Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, and Symbian platforms, as well as the development of a general Web application accessible on other devices.
What you’ll learn
- How to develop, end-to-end, the same application on the Windows Phone 7 Series, Blackberry and Symbian platforms.
- How to develop the same mobile application as a hosted Web application, mainly for comparison and debugging.
- The different service architectures available on each platform, concentrating on services related to storage, communications and security.
- Key differences in deploying and managing applications on the various platforms.
- How to translate experience at developing on one platform to speed development when attempting a project on a different platform.
- Plus, stay on top of developments in the mobile application space by visiting the author's comprehensive resource site at http://www.multimobiledevelopment.com.
Who this book is for
Multimobile Development is the essential book for software developers looking to build applications that run natively, without cumbersome compatibility layers and toolkits, on Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, and Symbian platforms.