Compare Offers on Amazon
Music Explicit Lyrics
|Price:||CDN$ 13.56 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|2. Freak Out|
|7. My Stoney Baby|
|8. Nix Hex|
|10. Feels So Good|
|11. Do You Right|
Top Customer Reviews
Welcome was a rather interesting album-opener, I think that's what stopped me initially. But afterwards, Freak Out just explodes on and keeps moving with the now solid back and forth groove pattern. This is rap-rock's roots, and this is where all the other bands crowding radio and MTV are. All 311 does is groove, and that's all they need. No one else can touch this combination. Flip between Paradise and Unity and yes, that is still the same band. Although Music still isn't my favorite 311 album (Transistor got me good), I recognize it to be the foundation, and a damn good foundation at that. For these guys to be messin with the same musical revolution they started from high school until their mid 30s is amazing. No one can even claim to stand on the musical world as 311. So just chill out, stay clean (311-stylee) and nod your head to this...
(1) Welcome - A great intro song, I like where the music stops and Chad hits his snappy snare. They had recorded this song a year earlier for their self-produced EP 'Hydroponic' but rerecorded it for Music.
(2) Freak Out - Another rerecorded song from the Hydroponic EP (lyrics were significantly changed in some verses), this is one of their greatest all-time live songs that they play at every show. Makes you want to jump up and down.
(3) Visit - My favorite song on the album, goes from hard rapping verses to fun-to-sing-along-to choruses to a great little reggae-ish solo at the end.
(4) Paradise - My second favorite song on the album, this one has great lyrics ('when the day is done what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in'), and I love the parts where Tim does guitar solo madness with SA rapping at the same time.
(5) Unity - This song was originally recorded two years earlier for their Unity EP and was rerecorded for this album. Nick sounds almost angry on this song, but the message is of course about unity. A great live song.
(6) Hydroponic - The distorted bass line gives me chills and then the guitar comes in and makes you want to headbang so hard you might injure yourself.
(7) My Stoney Baby - A great somewhat chill song with nice guitar noodling by Tim. I love the opening line sung by Nick 'The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream'.Read more ›
1.Welcome 4/5 starts reggae then picks it up and turns into a rockin' tune
2.Freak Out 4/5 explodes about 8 seconds in and keeps on rockin' the whole way thru...has a slower catchy peaceful like chorus
3.Visit 5/5 One of my favs on the cd..just a powerful song w/ a great chorus
4.Paradise 5/5 wow!! an awesome laid back tune..so relaxing makes it really feel like summer..has a cuple slight explosions where SA jumps in w/ some great rapping
5.Unity 5/5 how can you not headbang and sing along to this radical song
6.Hydroponic 5/5 recently has becmoe one of my favs...starts hard then breaks into a catchy chorus.. "jumpin' out my skin, the skin i'm in"
7.My Stoney Baby 5/5 excellent laid back trippy-like song
8.Nix Hex 5/5 Slower but not too slow..medium paced catchy classic
9.Plain 5/5 Funky rap-rockin' ...its sweeeet
10.Feels So Good 5/5 Pure power and energy.."in your face and it feels so good"
11.Do You Right 5/5 One of my top five favorite 311 songs, you can chill and listen to it, headbang and dance to it, sing along to it. One of 311's most dynamic songs ever
12.Fat Chance 5/5 Sweetness...makes you want to beat the snot out of someone
311's first album is one of there best...but then again all of 311's albums are one of their best..they can't do any wrong
They're also amazing live...I can't wait to see them July 24!!!
PICK ALL OF THERE CDS UP
Most recent customer reviews
I have enjoyed all of "311's" albums, but I easily like "Music" the most, and that's saying something. Read morePublished on June 21 2004 by H3@+h
This has to be one of the best debuts ever. My friend was a huge 311 fan and i wasn't really into them yet and he told me to buy this cd so i went to a used record store looking... Read morePublished on June 11 2004 by Vincent Hedrick
This funky release raised the bar for all "Music" in the mid-90s. It is timeless and introduced us to the future of great 311 music. Read morePublished on Feb. 20 2004
While 311 are clearly in the process of finding their muse on "Music", their original blend of reggae, alternative, and rap provide for a thoroughly enjoyable, if... Read morePublished on Feb. 19 2004 by Kindle Customer
This is a good CD better then average 311 are a great band that pretty much this genre of "Funk Rock" Its not my favorite type of music but boy they are good at it. Read morePublished on Dec 26 2003
This is easily my favorite 311 album, although Grassroots is a semi-close 2nd. For a debut album, they really hit the nail on the head (much like Rage did with their debut). Read morePublished on Oct. 31 2003 by Nate505
311's debut album, Music, was a fabulous way to kick off a 7-album (so far) career. The combination of creatively crafted lyrics, brilliant drumming, and very melodic guitars come... Read morePublished on Oct. 29 2003 by Matthew McGrath
This is one of those debuts that made me a fan right off the bat. They have a sound that's just a great mix of what I like. Read morePublished on Oct. 27 2003 by H3@+h
To be honest, I hadnt heard of 311 until their breakthrough single "Down" was played on the radio. Read morePublished on July 30 2003 by Harsha Raghunath