- How did Dana Reeve come to find such grit and grace when her fairy-tale prince was thrown from his real-life steed, paralyzed from the neck down?
- What traits of baseball great Ted Williams have inspired war hero Senator John McCain since childhood?
- What impact did Nelson Mandela have on boxing legend Muhammad Ali?
- Why does one of the all-time greats of baseball, Yogi Berra, believe that he owes each of his legendary home runs to his brothers?
- How did Michael J. Fox find a woman who would walk away from a spectacular career in finance in order to fight for a cure for Parkinson's disease at the helm of his nonprofit foundation?
- Why does John Glenn, a man who flew into space twice and served a quarter century on the Senate floor, look up to his own wife, Annie Glenn, as the true hero in the family?
In a world hungry for good examples, "My Hero" reminds us that heroes come in all shapes and sizes. It also teaches us that the words and deeds of those who inspire us are as varied as the stars that illuminate the night.
The editors of "My Hero" and the contributors are donating all royalties fromthis book to the nonprofit My Hero Project.