countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on June 6, 2013
I first heard about Chelsea Handler when I started watching “Chelsea Lately” when it first aired, I immediately fell in love with her sense of humor & delivery, she’s hilarious!

The Book: It is truly laugh-out-loud funny, I was reading it at an office job on my lunch breaks & I would be laughing so hard in the break room, this girl leaves nothing to the imagination & is a true comic.

If you haven’t watched her show, watch it, & if you haven’t read her books, read them! This & “Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea.” Are by far my favorites, unfortunately, her most recent ones, not so much.
on January 23, 2010
This book is pretty funny. I actually laughed out loud at least once per chapter. I didn't expect much from it and only started reading it out of boredom. The book is broken up into smaller stories (each chapter is a short story) which makes it easier to read if you only have small amounts of time to read - but you likely won't want to put it down as the stories are very amusing. I actually like this so much that I am interested in reading Chelsea Handler's other book, "Are you there vodka? It's me, Chelsea" - a book that I have seen the cover of many times and had assumed it would most definitely be very unfunny (I guess that's why they say, "Never judge a book by its cover"). If you like rude, crude, and embarrassing tales of promiscuity, you'll enjoy this read.
on February 22, 2016
It is great to read an honest account by a woman like this. She coins some pretty good lines and tells a good joke. It is interesting she still seems a little loney after this life but it is great she can live a life like this and not be judged. My only reason for writing this review is that I am mystifed that a man who lived like this would be called a misogynist. E.g. the lead character in 2.5 men. is anyone calling Chelsea a man-hater or whatever term would be coined for her? I think the term misogynist in this context is absurd.
on June 16, 2011
I love Chelsea Handler. She always makes me laugh on tv. I found this book really funny. But when it reached about half way through, I was a little tired of reading about HOW MUCH sex she actually had with so many men! lol There were so many stories it got a little boring after a while. But still a good and EASY read ;) lol
on May 27, 2013
I read this in 24 hours! Chelsea Handler is the funniest woman ever! Her life stories are unbelievable!
DEFINITELY recommend this book!
on October 16, 2005
Everyone should buy a copy of this hilarious memoir. Whether it be for yourself or a stocking stuffer, there's bound to be a few people in the family who will enjoy this book.
It's impossible not to laugh out loud during many of the chapters. Some definite highlights include the "nugget" chapter, the "Halloween party on Valentine's Day", and "High School reunion revenge" chapters...just to name a few. The witty comments exchanged between the characters are bound to have you in stitches. All chapters detail a relationship or a one-night stand, and believe me, it's a page-turner, impossible to put down.
It's a good summer read, nothing to take seriously. It won't win any Nobel Prizes anytime soon, but that's why I loved it. I hope there's a follow-up to this memoir.
on January 31, 2010
I had never heard of Chelsea Handler before, but this book sounded interesting. I was looking for some light reading and I was not expecting much more than that from this book. However, it was great, very funny. I didn't want to put it down. The book kept me intrigued and wanting more. I can't wait to read more from Chelsea Handler, and I would recommend this to any of my friends who are looking for some fun chick lit.
on February 7, 2014
If you can stand the raunchy humor, it is a fun and light read. A book I would read again and again just to take my mind off of daily stresses.
on April 17, 2011
I read this, in bed for three hours and laughed so hard the bed was shaking constantly! The people downstairs must have thought I was having a very, very, very good time doing something else!
on April 13, 2010
it's a pretty funny book if you like chelsea handler's sense of humour; very sexual, kind of in your face. i found this book hilarious and would recommend it to any chelsea handler fans.