PHP and MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies Paperback – Jan 29 2008
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
6 books in 1 — your key to great dynamic Web sites!
Your one-stop guide to building dynamic, database-driven sites — easily
Here's a handy toolbox for building your dynamic Web site, all in one easy-to-use book! Six convenient minibooks give you what you need to know to use PHP & MySQL — free, open-source technologies. You'll find it's easy to create a Web site that lets visitors sign on, use shopping carts, complete forms, and much more.
Discover how to:
Set up your development environment
Build PHP scripts
Create a MySQL database
Summarize and sort data results
Design and implement user access control
Build a shopping cart application
About the Author
Janet Valade is the author of PHP &MySQL For Dummies, which is in its third edition. She has also written PHP & MySQL Everyday Apps For Dummies and PHP & MySQL: Your visual blueprint for creating dynamic, database-driven Web sites. In addition, Janet is the author of Spring into Linux and a co-author of Mastering Visually Dreamweaver CS3 and Flash CS3 Professional.
Janet has 20 years of experience in the computing field. Most recently, she worked as a Web designer and programmer in an engineering firm for four years. Prior to that, Janet worked for 13 years in a university environment, where she was a systems analyst. During her tenure, she supervised the installation and operation of computing resources, designed and developed a data archive, supported faculty and students in their computer usage, wrote numerous technical papers, and developed and presented seminars on a variety of technology topics.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I had my site up and running with loads of php scripts, mysql query's etc. in just a week after I got this book, complete with log-in pages, registration, and other fancy bells and whistles.
After this, I got a couple other books for more advanced coverage, but still find myself turning back to this book quite frequently.
highly recommended for anyone looking to learn php.
Luckily, I only checked this out from my school library because I would have been quite disappointed if I spent money on this book to only find it with many mistakes in the first couple days of my reading.
Others might want to explore more options when trying to learn php because when I start concentrating more on where the errors are in the book, then I get side-tracked into actually learning the language because I'm all hung up on these errors.
The explanations are clear and easy to understand. The sample code is fully documented to allow the reader to fully understand the script and how it works.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Database Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Specific Databases > MySQL & mSQL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning > For Dummies - Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > PHP
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > SQL
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Databases > Database Design
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Databases > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > Scripting & Programming