- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
MySpace Unraveled: What it is and how to use it safely Paperback – Aug 2 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Anne Collier is an analyst, children's advocate, and journalist who has worked in media since 1980--in print and radio and on TV and the Web. In January 1999, she launched Tech Parenting Group, which publishes NetFamilyNews, the digital "community newspaper" of the tech-parenting and online-safety community. Larry Magid's Web site SafeKids.com is quite probably the world's best-known Internet safety resource. Larr y Magid is the author of the earliest and most widely circulated Internet safety guide, Child Safety on the Information Highway, published in 1994 by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Larry is also a journalist and commentator on technology matters.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Sprinkled throughout the book are "Key Parenting Points" which speak directly to parental concerns about MySpace features. Their philosophy on dealing with those parental concerns can be summed up by their statement (on page 12), "There is no substitute for engaged parenting...But that engagement...is less about control than it is about communication." Hence the book is about informing for constructive parenting rather than controlling a teen's access to MySpace.
The writing style is informal and easy. The authors speak as parents and professionals who are actively involved with teens, parents, and the Web. Their experience shows. [...].
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking