|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
• Offers the first full-length, scholarly study of stock car racing, covering more than 100 years of motor sports history
• The first work to fully explore the true role moonshine runners played in the sport's development
• Draws on primary research to shed light on the previously obscure period before the creation of NASCAR
• Examines organizations outside of NASCAR to provide a fuller picture of stock car racing
• Includes 20 photographs of key drivers and tracks
"Recommended. All readers."-
NASCAR is the number one spectator sport in the United States and the second most popular televised sport. Perhaps most surprising, roughly 40 percent of the NASCAR fan base is now female. How did this all-American sport develop and where is it bound?See all Product Description