I don't know if EA just thought they could put out a faulty game because they could fix the problems online later or what, but with all the amazing games that are coming out now it's inexcusable that a simple basketball game would be this glitchy. Some of the problems:
1. Sometimes the game just starts acting weird. I took over in the middle of a simulated game, only to find that there were 2 Russell Westbrooks on my roster, one at SG and one at PG. When I inbounded the ball, the game froze. Strange things like this happen at random times.
2. A number of times I've been called for goaltending when blocking a dunk attempt.
3. A very high percentage of missed jumpers hit the top of the backboard and get called out of bounds. Sure this sounds like nothing, but when it happens several times in a close game it starts to be a problem.
4. Even really good shooters frequently shoot wide airballs.
5. No matter how much you shoot 3's in the NBA Academy, your players will never improve their outside shooting ability.
6. In the low post offense drill, sometimes your player will catch the ball after making a shot and even though the clock is still running, you can't score anymore points.
7. In the pick-and-roll offense drill, level 3, the computer always gives me credit for 2,000 fewer points than I actually scored.
8. I have not yet found anyone who knows how to complete the team practice as the game gives you no instructions other than to find 2 plays to run for each player. What makes this confusing is that you can only pick 8 plays and you have 5 players. Do the math.
9. For those of us who don't subscribe to Live 365, we are stuck with the Oklahoma City Oklahoma Citys because they put this out before the Thunder even chose a name, which is a little too early if you ask me.
10. Missed layups, missed layups, missed layups.
11. The cutscene graphics look like they belong on the original PS.
12. When you knock the ball loose from a defender, the camera stays on the player and you can't see where the ball went to chase it down.
There are countless other problems that plague this game. Maybe it sounds like I'm just griping, but if you play this game for any extended period of time you'll find yourself frustrated with it as I have. This was a weak attempt from a company that has shown an ability to put out good games in other sports.