- Product Dimensions: 34.8 x 25.6 x 7.9 cm ; 1.6 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 Kg
- Item model number: R7000-100PAS
- ASIN: B00F0DD0I6
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Sept. 16 2013
- Average Customer Review: 159 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #68 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 25.00 shipping
+ CDN$ 14.33 shipping
+ CDN$ 5.54 shipping
NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000)
|List Price:||CDN$ 318.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 178.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 140.00 (44%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- AC1900 600+1300 Mbps WiFi Speed
- First to market: 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- Beamforming+ improves range performance
- High powered amplifiers & antennas to extend your WiFi range
- 256 QAM Support for 2.4GHz
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Accelerate your WiFi with NETGEAR Nighthawk! Enjoy the fastest WiFi currently available, with speeds up to 1900 Mbps and a powerful dual core 1GHz processor for extreme performance. High-powered amplifiers, external antennas and Beamforming+ improve range and reliability for up to 100% more wireless coverage. Features like downstream and upstream QoS prioritize streaming and gaming, creating a blazing-fast, lag-free WiFi experience.
From the Manufacturer
Easily upgrade to 802.11ac WiFi even if you can’t replace your existing service provider gateway. Now Nighthawk supports installation wizard to help detect the service provider gateway and help you choose the best installation mode- router or Access Point for your home.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
- AC1900 WiFi – 600+1300 Mbps speeds
- 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- Upstream & downstream QoS for best gaming & video streaming experience
- Prioritized bandwidth for streaming videos or music
- Now with NETGEAR genie with remote access
- Easy & automatic installation of the NETGEAR router with current Internet provider gateway to upgrade your WiFi
- Free automatic backup software for Windows PC & Time Machine compatible for Macs
- Beamforming+ improves range & performance
- High powered amplifiers & antennas to extend your WiFi coverage
- Manage your home network with NETGEAR genie
For more reliable connections
- Focuses WiFi signals from the wireless router to WiFi devices like smartphones, tablets & laptops
- Automatic signal management keeps WiFi signal at its optimal strength
- Designed to support multiple WiFi device connections for highest quality
- Extends WiFi coverage, reduces dead spots, & boosts signal strength
- Boosts speed, reliability & range for WiFi devices
NETGEAR genie App
Home Networking Simplified
NETGEAR genie makes installation is almost effortless. Genie also allows you to easily monitor, connect & control your home network from a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Network Map – Real-time map of all the connected devices on your network
- Makes any printer AirPrint compatible to print from an iPad or iPhone
- MyMedia – Find & play media files in your network
- EZ Mobile Connect – Scan QR code to connect
- Ultra fast file transfer across devices in your home network
- Now with remote access to manage your network away from home. View the network map, block WiFi devices, set up guest WiFi & manage Parental Controls – anytime, anywhere
Speed and Range
- 1900Mbps combined WiFi speed.
- Dual Core 1GHz processor.
- Ultimate WiFi coverage throughout large homes.
- Gigabit Wired – ideal for HD gaming and video.
- High-powered amplifiers with 3 external antennas.
- Advanced QoS – Downstream and upstream QoS automatically recognizes and prioritizes streaming and gaming.
- Airtime Fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect.
- Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability and range of WiFi connections.
- DLNA – Find and play your media on DLNA TVs and game consoles.
- ReadySHARE USB Access – Wirelessly access and share USB hard drive and printer via 2 USB ports.
- One Superspeed USB 3.0 Port – Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0.
- ReadySHARE Printer – Wirelessly access and share an USB printer.
- ReadySHARE Vault – Free software for automatic PC backup to a connected USB hard drive.
- iTunes Compatible – Play your USB-stored music using AirPlay or Apple Remote.
Ease of Use
- Easy install – Easier installation to upgrade to AC WiFi with your service provider gateway and setup for iPad, tablets, smartphones and computers.
- NETGEAR genie app – Monitor, control & repair your home network.
- Push ‘N’ Connect – Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS).
- WiFI and Power on/off – Convenient power savings.
- VPN Support – Secure access to your home network.
- Parental Controls – Website filtering for all your connected devices.
- Guest Network Access – Separate and secure access for guests.
- Open Source Support – Download open source firmware from our official website my open router.
- Personal FTP service – Customize free URL to create FTP server.
|R6300||Nighthawk||Nighthawk X4||Nighthawk X6|
|Combined WiFi Speeds||1750Mbps||1900Mbps||2330Mbps||3200Mbps|
|Speeds per band||450 + 1300||600 + 1300||600 + 1733||600 + 1300 + 1300|
|Processor Speeds||Dual Core 800MHz||Dual Core 1GHz||1.4GHz Dual Core Processor with 1 Dual Core Offload Processor||1.0GHz Dual Core processor with 3 Offload Processor|
|Quality of Service||Advanced||Advanced (downstream/upstream)||Dynamic QoS||Dynamic QoS coming soon|
|No. of Antennas||3 (internal)||3 (external)||4 (external)||6 (external)|
|USB Ports||1 USB 2.0 + 1 USB 3.0||1 USB 2.0 + 1 USB 3.0||2 USB 3.0||1 USB 2.0 + 1 USB 3.0|
|ReadySHARE Vault - PC Backup Software||✓||✓||✓|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The wizard is great, too. I've set it up as an AP-only, and it was simple as pie. Once setup, it's got a LOT of settings accessible to tune things your way if you want to geek out. And if that isn't enough yet, this R7000 (that's the actual model, not clear in the description) is supported by DD-WRT.
(December 2015 - Have gone back to stock firmware - still rock solid. A solid buy.)
- Better signal over longer distance
- No signal drops
- Stable firmware
- Able to handle heavy loads without any issue
- USB storage is still not very good even at this price. Transfer speed to the attached HDD is slow and the copying files sometimes fail. Heard some issues with file corruptions too but I haven't seen that yet. Fingers crossed.
- Admin GUI could be better.
Overall, this is a great router and I would recommend this definitely. I used the DD-WRT (Kong) firmware on this for a while but was facing signal drops so went back to the Netgear firmware and it is stable now.
Wow were they ever right. With the D-Link I had to reset it and configure it twice before I could get it working, and even then it would give problems. This one was plug and play, and within 30min I was cooking with fire. No need to port-forward for torrents like with the D-Link (yes I know port forwarding is more secure than Upnp), no need to do anything. Just ran the wizard, setup the wireless settings and bam. Everything worked. Was concerned that it wouldn't have the range of the DIR 890L, not the case. This actually has better range and stronger signal. We live in a 6 bedroom house that is concrete and very long, and is populated by very heavy and demanding internet users (a lot of torrenting and gaming). With our previous routers we pretty much didn't have any signal on the second floor and above the garage on the other end of the house. With the DIR 890L, we had much better signal but it would constantly drop or hang (would say DNS error then clear up after 30 seconds). This gets us 40-60mb DL and 15-20mb Upload speed from the farthest end of the house. Closer to the center of the house we get 98mb dl and 28mb upload (slightly slower than the D-Link at farthest distance, but faster than the D-Link when your in close proximity to the router).Read more ›
As for the corrupted usb files, it sounds like perhaps a permissions problem with the drive, had a similar issue with my buffalo nas.
Try formatting the drive and this time copy files to it connected to the usb ready share port from your computer to the drive.
More info from 'my open router.com'
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased this from a different store and for the first week everything was amazing. After that and since then things have gotten frustrating.
1. Read more
Highly recommened.Fast speed over my old one,although it was a 2008 model.Great range.Published 1 day ago by robert eberwein
I have no more connection issues. My internet has never been more stable.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Worked good for about 6 months and then started dropping connectivity . Looks cool, but doesn't work as good as its looksPublished 3 days ago by wood dragon