- Audio CD
- Number of Discs: 1
- ASIN: B000002LAK
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | LP Record
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #63,389 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
The ten songs of "Bouncing Off the Satellites", which total nearly 46 minutes of play time, are rather good overall in spite of several negative critiques written about the album shortly after its release in 1986. It also features rare vocals by Keith and Ricky. I rate each of the album's ten songs as follows:
1. "Summer Of Love" (5 stars, sung by Kate & Cindy). Fun & danceable song praising the fun and heat of the summer. This song was used in the soundtrack of the 1989 film "Earth Girls Are Easy".
2. "Girl From Ipanema Goes to Greenland" (5 stars, Sung by Cindy). A fun tribute to the well known jazzy 1960's song "Garota De Ipanema" (a.k.a.
1. Summer Of Love- A fair shot at an opener. Lyrics are sorta nosy, but melody is cool. ***
2. Girl From Ipanema Goes To Greenland- Not totally horrid, but still slightly disapointing.**1/2
3. Housework- Fine melody, fine words. In other words, Fine. ****
4. Detour Thru Your Mind- Funny lyrics, but cruddy melody. I like it anyway. ****
5. Wig- A bit TOO silly. Nice melody. ***
6. Theme For A Nude Beach- Simply embarrasing. Easily the WORST on the album *
7. Ain't It A Shame- Nice words. Nice music. Nice. ***1/2
8. Juicy Jungle- My fav on the album. Awesome words and music. This song is worth the whole CD. *****
9. Communicate- A spelling lesson. Words aren't so hot. ***
10. She Breaks For Rainbows- A nice finisher. Words are perfect, so is melody. ****1/2
All in all, you should get this album. Even though it's getting hard to find...