Honey 2 offers serious, serious hip-hop dancing. Despite of what everyone else says, I totally dig it. To me it is one of the best dance movies out there. Here are some reasons why:
1) The dancing and choreography are awesome. Check out the first solo by Kat, the main actor, for example. It is mind-blowing.
2) The second most important reason why I dig this movie is that the message it sends is deeper, better, and more realistic than in other dance movies. It's about dealing with problems by being constructive rather than destructive. (In many other dance movies, the message is pathetic.) In this category it beats all previous dance movies I've seen.
3) The movie is packed with dance scenes; I would say, it has more cumulative dance time than any other movie.
4) The actors are so cute and can actually dance. No doubles as in one of the most famous dance movies, whose name shall remain unmentioned here.
5) I just really like it, especially Kat and the girls, but really all of the HD group. The characters and lines of the girls actually make sense.
The absurd part is that this movie has received a lot of negative criticism. So bad in fact that it never made it to the theaters in North America but went straight to DVD. The ratings on this movie are bimodal. Many actually give it the highest rating, but others give very low ratings, which leads to a dismal average. I definitely belong to the first group. If you're looking for a blood-thirsty hyper-spectacular movie, you will indeed be disappointed. But I like awesome hip-hop dancing with a warm positive human story. In my humble opinion, Honey 2 is one of the best dance movies of all time.