- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Narrative Methods for the Human Sciences Paperback – Dec 13 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Narrative Methods for the Human Sciences provides an accessible framework for researchers - to analyse narrative texts with confidence, empathy, and humility. -- Ron Adams Narrative Inquiry "Narrative Methods for the Human Sciences is a well-written, profoundly useful guide to four of the main narrative methods: (a) oral narratives derived from interviews; (b) narratives derived from archival materials such as diaries, letters, and other documents; (c) ethnographic observations as compiled from field notes; and (d) visual media (in combination with text or not) such as videotaped interactions, paintings, and photographs. Not only is she practical and thoughtful about types of narratives, but even more important are the insights that she provides about the alternative methods of transforming narrative materials into published works. [...T]his excellent work will be indispensible for teachers of graduate courses in narrative and other qualitative methods and for research teams wanting to do first-rate narrative research." -- Keith E. Davis
About the Author
Catherine Kohler Riessman is Research Professor in the Department of Sociology at Boston College, and an Emerita Professor at Boston University. She serves as a Visiting Fellow in the Centre for Narrative Research, University of East London. She earned a Ph.D. in Sociomedical Science from Columbia University. Riessman has authored four books and numerous articles and book chapters in medical sociology and qualitative methodologies.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Riessman uses illustrations that were very useful.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Pedagogy
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Methodology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Research
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences