I must admit I'm on day 2 with this product so I might update this later, but I'm a fast tech adapter and think these comments will hold valid. If you use your iPhone a lot or "Power Use" it (that is, you have multi-apps running most times or just like to move quickly between phone, e-mail and text, for example) this review is for you. This review is also for you if you get annoyed by someone who gives a product a low rating just because they used the product improperly or even in some cases broke it and expect it to work (and you find this out after reading 4 paragraphs into the review)... Read on!
First the good:
- Easy set-up.
- Sleek design and great weight for the base (I was concerned it would slide around my glass desk but it sits firmly).
- It does what is is supposed to do, meaning it lets you walk around your office (or other space) talking on the phone free of wires but without an annoying headset clinging to your ear and face.
Now, the bad (or better stated, the Not-So-Awesome):
- The iPhone (I have a 4s) is not very snug in the base. You're still going to have to interact with your touchscreen quite a bit while the phone is in the base, and it feel like when you're using the screen, etc, the phone could pop out or break off from the connection port.
- Related to the above, the base does not provide a lot of room for you to touch the button at the bottom of the iPhone. You have to kind of awkwardly angle your finger down there. (The design cure here would have been to make the back of the holding chamber high, then the front very low, so you have a snug fit but can sill access the phone's button. You're welcome, designers).
- Related to both of the above, this makes your use of the actual phone really limited and complicated while you are on the headset. I bought this item because I was using Native Union's plug-in, old school phone headsets (which I still love), but while using them my phone basically had to "move around" with the headset versus just keeping it in a fixed place where I could read a text or check an e-mail or an app while I'm on the phone.
- I can't hear any text notifications when the phone is in the base. It's like the phone defaults to silent notifications, which I don't want. This might be the case for other notifications but I don't turn any others on.
This is a cool, sleek device that looks great on your desk. BUT it does perform a limited function and it won't necessarily make you more productive or make your "cordless phone experience" better. If you use your iPhone very dynamically, this product will really make you realize how dynamically you use it once you put the phone into the base and your use becomes really limited.