Natural Healing with Herbs: The Complete Reference Book for the Use of Herbs Paperback – Jan 1984
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Far more than a collection of folk recipes, this excellent reference book explains everything from the nature of disease to descriptions of herbs and the areas of the body they affect to preparations for tinctures, teas, infusions, and plasters, all in an easy to follow format. The herbs discussed are not hard to find. Herbal therapies for more than 140 diseases are catalogued, and the three indexes in this meticulously organized book cover general information, diseases, and herbs. Readers interested in herbology and traditional homeopathy will find this an invaluable resource.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The Nature of Health and Disease; 2. Diagnosis; 3. Herbal Therapies and Their Application; 4. Methods of Using Herbs; 5. The Course of Herbal Therapy: Dosage, Duration & Rest Periods; Healing Crises; Keeping the Disease Under Control; Translating Traditional Herb Preparations; 6. Herbal Properties; 7. Commonly Used Herbs; 8. Herbal Formulations; 9. Diet & Cleansing; 10. Enemas; 11. Hydrotherapy; 12. Homeopathy; 13. Comprehensive Therapies for Common Ailments.
There are also many charts, figures, and diagrams to help you to find the best herbal supplement for your needs and understand how to use them most efficaciously.
Well worth the investment; you will find yourself turning to this resource book often!
It's one of the most comprehensive, well written, best organized books I have ever had the pleasure of referencing.
If you're serious about learning about herbs, this is the book for you! I've refered to it many times to learn herbal properties, as well as looking up herbs for certain ailments.
I can't praise it highly enough!
Most recent customer reviews
I'm not normally one to gush, but could this book have been written any better? The only thing that I regret about this book is that it doesn't have Smokie's John H. Read morePublished on July 15 2002
If you only get one herbal book, this is the one to get. I have owned, used and abused this book for about six years. Read morePublished on Feb. 28 2002 by C. Davis
I have managed a book store and currently work in one of the largest public libraries in the south. I have seen many books on using herbs for health and medical reasons. Read morePublished on Dec 23 2000 by J. Villanueva
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Healing
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Herbal Remedies
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Naturopathy
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic > Naturopathy
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic > Naturopathy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology