Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577
- Auto-Schedule-Nest remembers the temperatures you like and programs itself
- Auto-Away-Nest saves energy by automatically turning itself down when you're away
- Airwave - Automatically cuts up to 30% of your AC's runtime if your home isn't too humid
- Remote control - Connect Nest to Wi-Fi to control it from your smartphone, laptop or tablet
- Simple to use - Most homeowners install Nest themselves in less than 30 minutes. After that, it's just a matter of changing the temperature
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
More Information Coming Soon.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
From the mobile app you can...
- Check and change your Nest's temperature remotely
- View and edit your Nest's schedule remotely
- View when and for how long your heating and cooling system was on for the last 10 days
- Access the settings of your home's Nest Learning Thermostat
- Find out if you're saving energy with the Nest Leaf
- Enable unique System Match energy-saving features tuned for your home and - system type
The thermostats software had an update on Oct 2nd. 3.0 I love the new features!
~ Early-On - Get the temperature you want when you want it. If your schedule says 72ºF at 6am, Early-On will start heating or cooling early so it’ll be 72ºF when your alarm rings at 6:00.
~ Filter Reminders - Filters are incredibly important for systems that blow air out of vents. A clogged filter can increase your bill by 5%. Unlike other thermostats that just alert you once a year or once a month to change the filter, Nest’s Filter Reminders are based on how many hours you’ve used heat or AC. That means they’ll only show up when you actually need them.
~ Enhanced Auto-Away - Now Auto-Away is even better at understanding if you’re home or not. When it’s sure you’re gone, Auto-Away can now turn on as quickly as a half hour after you leave the house.Read more ›
I've had this now for about six months and I only had one problem. I have air conditioning and forced air gas furnace and I had a small problem that was a result of my furnace not having a C "common" wire going from the circuit board on the furnace up to the nest. I was able to easily run a new wire from the furnace to the thermostat with just putting one small hole in the wall. I'm handy so it was no big deal at all. Anyway, nest support was great about giving me some details on what I needed to do, and now that I have the C wire the nest has been flawless.
I work from home so I don't even really need the auto scheduling feature, which is of course it's biggest benefit. However, what I really like is being able to control the thermostat from my iPhone. Lots of times I'm on another floor of the house and I want to adjust the heat or turn the furnace fan on or off to better regulate the whole house temperature and it's great to be able to do it from my phone.
- Simple interface
- Saves money by detecting when you're away
- Looks cool
- It turns on when you walk by (motion sensor), nice touch!
- Monthly usage report by e-mail
- No way to schedule furnace fan to run at intervals, for example 10 minutes each hour (if it did this it would be perfect as it would help maintain a consistent temperature on different levels in the house)
- Phone app needs to give more historical data on usage
Most recent customer reviews
These good must be written from the summer or fake.
We bought two Nest thermostats, both broke when it got cold! Read more
This sounded like a good idea, but i work from home and got sick of it thinking I was "away" and turning down the heat. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Cindy D
Works very well, once a furnace power wire was added that kept the battery charged up. Prior to installation of the power wire, the Nest unit worked but would occasionally power... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Wavell
This thermostat destroyed the control board of my furnace by constant switching the A/C and Heater off and on.Published 11 months ago by GB
Best Home Automation Device Ever! Cannot say enough good things about this product. Easy to connect (you can watch a 10 year old do it on you tube - which gave me confidence to... Read morePublished 13 months ago by JPG
works well with 5 wire had problems with it with 4 wires so added the ground and work great since then !!Published 16 months ago by jim
I give my NEST 4/5 stars because of some glitchy interface with my router. My router was a modem/router combo (I know, not ideal) but had a bad connection with the NEST (even... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Greg S
The NEST Thermostat and NEST Protect.... the truth.
I have owned both of these item since they came on the market. Read more
The ability to remotely control the thermostat is great. For times when I've been able to unexpected leave work earlier or flying back home, I've been able to get the heat/ac... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Bobby Lee