Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

I love the cover art but the content does not live up to the imagery. A few of the stories I had come across in previous collections like Lazarus. I enjoyed Family Business and Weaponized the most. The rest were playing fast and loose with the genre or were generally uninspired and tired. Given that zombie stories are for the most part really bad, I was generous with the three stars. As one of my English profs once said, "It passed the time but the time would have passed anyway."
on December 13, 2010
First off I'm not a fan of anthologies. I find most contain stories that I find boring and in the end I end up enjoying only a few contained inside.
This book wasn't like that. I can honestly say that I found almost all of the stories good and some were great. Of course it's not going to be for everyone and I will warn that there is a certain gore and ick factor that some may not be able to handle but if you are a fan of zombies then I think it's worth the read.
on November 3, 2010
I said good zombie anthology, not great. Nineteen stories in this book. Some good ones like, "What Maisie Knew", "Life Sentence" and "Family Business" were quite good. Two others were interesting, "Weaponized" and "Twittering From the Circus of the Dead". The rest I found to be alright at best.