- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
New Horizons: Reconnaissance of the Pluto-Charon System and the Kuiper Belt Paperback – Dec 6 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The New Horizons mission provides the first in situ reconnaissance of the Pluto-Charon System and the Kuiper belt, arguably the last frontier of solar system exploration. This book describes the mission, its objectives, expected results, and instruments in articles written by the scientists and engineers most closely involved. The New Horizons mission is expected to return unique observations and discoveries, which will revolutionize our understanding of the formation of the solar system.
This volume is aimed at researchers and graduate students active in planetary science and space exploration, and all other potential users of data obtained by the instruments on board the New Horizons mission.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
NASA's New Horizons (NH) Pluto-Kuiper Belt (PKB) mission was selected for development on 29 November 2001 following a competitive selection resulting from a NASA mission Announcement of Opportunity. Read the first page Browse Sample Pages
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Astronomy > Astronomy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Astronomy > Astrophysics & Space Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Astrophysics
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Aeronautical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences