New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness Hardcover – Jan 5 2010
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Alexander is absolutely right to fight for what she describes as a much-needed conversation” about the wide-ranging social costs and divisive racial impact of our
Invaluable . . . a timely and stunning guide to the labyrinth of propaganda, discrimination, and racist policies masquerading under other names that comprises what we call justice in America.
Many critics have cast doubt on the proclamations of racism’s erasure in the Obama era, but few have presented a case as powerful as Alexander’s.
—In These Times
Carefully researched, deeply engaging, and thoroughly readable.
[Written] with rare clarity, depth, and candor.
A call to action for everyone concerned with racial justice and an important tool for anyone concerned with understanding and dismantling this oppressive system.
Undoubtedly the most important book published in this century about the U.S.
About the Author
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As the reader continues through the book, he/she begins to wonder, how can I make it stop?
I hope that there will be a follow-up book that covers the recovery period for America, as this should not be the epitaph for any nation on this planet.
Most recent customer reviews
I don't agree with everything the author claims but nonetheless very enlightening read.Published 4 months ago by Patrick Ruest
An exceptional well written in depth look at what is taking place within the United States today. Well Done.Published 8 months ago by Theo Rodney
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > History > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Penology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Race Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > African-American Studies