Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
+ CDN$ 5.54 shipping
XenoBlade Chronicles [RP]
- Xenoblade Chronicles invites players to explore a truly vast open-world universe. In addition to the game's main quest, they can also take on side quests, seek out special items and uncover hidden areas.
- Players can customize their characters by choosing from a wide array of weapons, armor, equipment and accessories. Each item not only enhances characters' abilities, but also affects the appearance of different characters in distinctive ways.
- A unique upgrade system lets players improve their characters' performance throughout the game. They can earn upgrades during battle, trade with townspeople or collect and purchase items. Players can also use magical gems in enhance the abilities of their existing equipment.
- The game also incorporates a unique relationship-building system called Affinity. Different characters will have distinct Affinity levels in relation to one another, which can influence their interactions and affect their progress through the game.
- A sophisticated battle system in Xenoblade Chronicles includes special Chain Attacks - combo attacks involving all members of the questing party - as well as an Arts system that lets characters perform specialized actions and spells.
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
An epic clash between man and machine Available exclusively for the Wii system, the Xenoblade Chronicles game combines science fiction and fantasy into an unforgettable open-world adventure. Players will discover expansive environments and deep character customization options as they delve into an epic conflict between the Homs (humans) and Mechons (robots) and uncover the secret of the ancient Monado blade. With richly detailed role-playing elements, Xenoblade Chronicles offers an extraordinary experience for veteran gamers and genre newcomers alike.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
MONADO: BEGINNING OF THE WORLD (aka XENOBLADE) is one of those great games that (for some unfathomable reason) Nintendo had initially decided not to market outside Japan. It has been available, fully translated, since August in Europe (where my copy came from). This used not to be true for the US. Luckily, Nintendo North America (finally!) yielded to the pressure of the fans and announced the release of the game: IT IS COMING IN APRIL, 2012!
THE MUSIC WILL ENCHANT YOUR SOUL
This is the first thing that hits your senses. The music of Xenoblade reminded me of playing Final Fantasy VII years ago and being mesmerized by its music. The Prelude I can still remember. In Xenoblade, the music will range from atmospheric to epic rock, and all the shades and colors in between.
It will be a familiar companion while you travel and a strengthening presence when you do battle, greatly enhancing the overall experience. Every map has its own theme (most with day and night variations) and you will catch yourself humming them long after having turned your console off.
Sometimes the importance of the music in a game is underestimated and the focus remains on the graphics. Xenoblade is a perfect example of how essential music is in order to achieve a total immersive gaming experience.
LIVE AND BREATH IN A GORGEOUS ANIME WORLD
Now, all of us who decided to go with the Nintendo Wii, we knew that it was not the most graphically powerful console. Its strengths lie elsewhere. Having said that, Xenoblade is the most beautiful and graphically detailed game on the Wii. Ever.Read more ›
And before I knew it, I had 40 hours of gameplay wracked up on it and I thought, "...Where did the time go?" It's so easy to lose yourself in the story and world. It's expansive, beautiful, and rewards you infinitely for exploring it. The story really takes its time, and that's a great thing.
To say it's vast is an understatement. It's enormous. It's also full of landmarks. Not only do you get rewarded in EXP for discovering new landmarks, they serve as waypoints for quick travel. Though the world is enormous, once you've uncovered sections of it, returning to points takes no time at all. Keep an eye out for secret landmarks as well, those not marked on a map until you're right on top of them.
What I really like about it is that it strikes such a great balance between open world gameplay and linear storytelling. There's a main story to follow, and I'll get to that in a bit, but there's never a rush. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of sidequests to do, each raising your affinity and recognition in a certain area. One of the major subplots involve rebuilding a colony that was destroyed by the Mechon - the game's major antagonists. This alone involves dozens of hours of finding building materials, recruiting villagers, and doing quests and errands for the rebuilding crew.
In ways, the story feels very post-apocalyptic. It's a world in which humans, or Homs as they're called, build colonies on the body of a sleeping titan out of scraps left behind by an ancient war.Read more ›
But seriously, this is one of the greatest Wii games of all time (along with Metroid Prime Trilogy, The Mario Galaxies, Ōkami, etc.)
A heads up though, this is a huge game and will take a very long time to beat so if you're planning to buy this just because f Chuggaa's LP or something, be warned!!
Most recent customer reviews
The BEST Wii game I own. Over one hundred hours to fully complete. A great visual experience.Published 8 months ago by Jared Bakay
It arrived in good condition and it is working perfectly. ThanksPublished 8 months ago by Jossüa Fortin
it was worth all the money to get this game at first i wasn't familiar on how to play this and thought it wasnt worth it but after 20 hours of play I actually liked it there is so... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Storm