I read almost all the bad reviews here unfortunately after buying the software. When I started the program it was nice and I also liked the plethora of graphics and projects you can pick from.
The problems started when I tried to compose a more complicated scrapbook project and I noticed well... pretty much everything all the other people gave this software 1 star noticed... broken links, system crashes, errors messages one after the other and the notorious "Not responding", not talking about being unable to share projects....
Luckily there is a solution! I will post the steps I made and now my software works perfectly with no errors and all functions are working great, all modules, all projects.....
Here we go...
1. If you have the software installed please uninstall it and restart your computer.
2. Install Print Artist Platinum
3. Restart computer
4. Go to your program location, mine was: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nova Development\Print Artist Platinum 24
5. Right click on PrintArtist.exe and select Troubleshoot compatibility
6. Select the option: Troubleshoot Program
7. When you are prompted "What problems do you notice?" check the first box which is "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now" and click "Next"
8. Please select Windos XP (Service Pack3)
9. Click on "Start the Program..." button (you will be prompted to allow the program to make modification to your computer, click Yes). Your program should start now and work nicely.
10. Close Print Artist Platinum and click "Next" in your Program Compatibility window and save the settings... that way you will be able to open the software normally from your desktop shortcut... (you will be prompted every time tho to allow the program to run... just click "Yes")
This worked for me and I am so happy because I was at the point where I called to ask for a refund.... which probably would be a bad idea since Print Artist Platinum at least works great after this 10 steps, the other leading software (Print Master Deluxe, Print Factory and Hallmark) are having the same issues on Win 7 but I couldn't find a solution for them...