- Platform: Windows
- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
ASUS OPLAY_MINI/1A/NTSC/AS O!Play Mini Digital Media Player
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Stylish and compact HD media player; Dolby TrueHD 7.1-channel surround sound with full HD 1080p; Full support for most popular media formats, Exclusive RightTxT auto subtitle detection, 4-in-1 card reader for easy access to huge range of photo formats
- Supported Formats: Video: MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, RM, RMVB, VC-1, H.264, Video File Extension: TRP, MP4, MOV, Xvid, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, RMVB 720p, RMVB 1080p, FLV, TS, MTS, M2TS, DAT, MPG, VOB, ISO, IFO, M1V, M2V, M4V
- Audio: MP3, WAV, AAC, OGG, FLAC, AIFF, Dolby Digital AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS 2.0 +Digital out, Tag ID3; Image: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF; Subtitle: SRT, SUB, SMI, SSA, ASS, IDX, TXT
- Input: 1x DC Power In, 1x USB 2.0 Port, 1x Optical S/PDIF Out; 4 -in-1 Card Readers ( SD/ MS/ xD/ MMC); Output: Composite Video, Composite Audio L/R, 1x Optical S/PDIF Out, 1x HDMI 1.3 Port; File Systems: FAT16/32, NTFS, HFS/HFS+, EXT3
- Power: Power Source - 12VDC, 2A, Power Consumption - 10W; Accessories: AC Adapter, Plug, Remote Control, Composite A/V Cable, Quick Start Guide, CD (User Manual)
ASUS O]PLAY MINI DIGITAL MEDIA
Top Customer Reviews
I like the size (very small), and the esthetics.
Connection was a breeze, I had it running in seconds. It played all of my media files so far: AVI, MKV, MP4. I like that it detects subtitles at once, provided that the name of the file containing the subtitles is exactly the same as the name of the media file. Careful, it will NOT play all types of subtitle formats. But with TXT or SRT subtitles, you'll be just fine.
The remote is ok, nothing too fancy, and compared to other reviewers, it works very well when pointed more or less in the direction of the unit. The only thing is that browsing through the playlist is a bit slow. It can be very frustrating if you keep a lot of stuff in your USB flash drive. The solution: keep less stuff in there, and delete files after watching; or, easier, you can sort your media files by "most recent", therefore at the top of your list you will always see the latest files you have added, and so browsing through your playlist will be much improved this way.
Picture quality using an HDMI cable is quite good, no disapointment there whatsoever.
Sound is also fine, but of course, my unit is simply plugged directly to the TV (no home theatre setup here). You may want to crank up the volume on the unit all the way by pressing on the Volume + sign on the unit remote, like you would on a Videotron cable box; that way you can adjust the volume of the media you are watching directly with your TV remote.Read more ›
Using product to dsiplay promo material on TV's in company lobby and restaurants. Using HDMI at 720P works great have no issue with the function of media player, Clear, vivid color and good sound quality.
Knocked a star off as the unit did not come with a user manual in english. CD said it had one but did not. Downloaded one from the web.
Tech wise I can barely spell mpeg so it may have video quirks I do not recognize. It just works. I would buy it again.
For what this device does it should be priced much higher.
The remote works well most of the time,but I think the unit has to think a bit. Screen aspect does not seem to fit? I checked and changed the screen aspect on my TV and the screen fitted fine. It takes my 1TB portable hard drive as plug and play, I have 300GB on it and it took about 25 mins to "catalogue" it.,but this is just the first time. I have one flash drive it will not recognise. You need to read the manual and have a little patience
All this said, I am extremely pleased with it. It looks good and plays all my movies and music albums. I enjoy seeing my photos on the big screen.
Most recent customer reviews
Works well, remote seems a little sensitive. Good fairly barebones system that's easy enough to navigate nd use.Published 7 months ago by SyCo
I have an awful experience with this product as it turns out to be defective TWICE. I would wait until Asus comes out with a better product before I make a purchase again. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Denis Wong C.T.
worked to turn my old CRT TV into something I could play movies thru an external hard drive on quite easily.Published 11 months ago by aquaman
So good I bought 2, but like the first one the second broke after almost 1 year... for no reason.
So... it"s a piece of s*** !!!
Ordered it April 2 and was told it would ship in 1-2 months. Got an email today stating:
Hello from Amazon.ca. Read more
Does exactly what it says it does. No Netflix though. Recognizes up to 2 TB hardrives very quickly. Actually, better than the ASUS upgrade to the Cube. The Cube is no good. Read morePublished 23 months ago by John