OUYA Console and Controller - Aluminum Edition
- Includes: 1 OUYA wireless controller/Case: Sand-blasted Aluminum and Plastic
- CPU: nVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core / Memory: 1GB RAM
- Dimensions: 75mm x 75mm x 82mm (2.9in x 2.9in x 3.2in) / Weight: 300g (10.5 oz)
- Storage: 8GB Internal Flash Storage (expandable via USB Port) / USB: One USB 2.0 port, One Micro USB port
- Connectivity: WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Ethernet port, and Bluetooth / Output: HDMI (up to 1080p HD)
- Platform: Electronic Game
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Video games just feel bigger and better on a TV screen. Surround Sound. HD. A room full of friends. Console gaming isn’t going anywhere, but console games aren’t as much fun as they could be.
That’s why we made OUYA: a new kind of game console, to bring groundbreaking games to the television in an entirely new way.
“Who wouldn't want a beautiful piece of industrial design that sells for $99, plugs straight into your TV, and gives you access to a huge library of games?" – Jordan Mechner (creator of Prince of Persia, Karateka)
Games Only on OUYA
You download OUYA games directly to your console -- no discs to buy or scratch.
And the games on OUYA are made by some of the most inventive game developers in the business. Favorite franchises like Final Fantasy, brand new never-before-seen titles and hundreds of other games. Shooters, platformers, role-playing games, action games... You name it.
And, best of all, every game on OUYA is free to try. You might end up investing in that coin doubler, buying the healing elixir that extends your life, or unlocking the full version of the game, but everything -- absolutely everything -- is free to try. We believe you shouldn’t have to buy it unless you love it.
Small... but Powerful
OUYA is about the size of a Rubik’s cube, but it plays hard in full-screen HD. It uses an nVIDIA quad-core CPU and outputs via HDMI at up to a stunning 1080p resolution. It powers on instantly.
Need more storage? No problem. Just plug in an external hard drive into the USB 2.0 port. Like to hardwire your Internet? That’s cool. Jack into OUYA’s high-speed ethernet port. WiFi works too. If you want to develop games, just plug your laptop into our micro-USB port -- anyone can release an OUYA game. And the hardware opens so you can customize it if that’s your bag.
We listen to our supporters, and try to evolve OUYA so it always gets better for them. When you buy OUYA, you become part of our effort to change how console gaming works.
You will need a valid credit, debit or prepaid retail card to download OUYA content. Your card will not be charged unless you choose to make a purchase. Though many games on OUYA will not require a purchase to unlock additional content or features, others may offer for purchase in-game products or additional features (like full versions or additional levels).
OUYA... lovingly made by a team of gamers who believe that console games will never die.
What’s in the OUYA Box?
● OUYA game console
● OUYA wireless controller with removable faceplates
● HDMI cable
● Two AA batteries
● Power adapterWe created the OUYA because we love playing and making games for the TV and we wanted to bring the most creative, innovative and engaging games back to the living room. Now any developer-big or small, experienced or new can easily build games for the big screen all in 1080p. Today there are 729 games and counting (seriously, that's the counter right there). They're ready to play and free to try. But why limit these great games to just one system, even if that system is ours! Freedom - it's been one of our die hard beliefs from day one, so we're super excited to announce "OUYA Everywhere". We're embarking on a new way to bring these killer games to everyone, wherever they play.All this 1080p goodness isn't just for gaming. OUYA brings some of your favourite apps to the big screen so that you can stream shows, movies, and music directly into your living room. OUYA is the first totally open video game console, we welcome you to unscrew it and have a look around. Whether you use WiFi or Ethernet or if you like to download games or stream movies, you can do it all in 1080P HD.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If emulation is not your thing there is many new games that are lots of fun. Towerfall, Beast Boxing Turbo, ChronoBlade, Final Fantasy 3 are a few that are definitely lots of fun. I am very excited to see new games released and see potential in the OUYA.
Cons: Wi-Fi disconnects and has major problems finding your router. This is the major problem I have with the console. Hopefully the internet connection problems can be fixed in a firmware update as this makes it very frustrating for the user. Since this is a download only console this MUST be fixed unless they make an online shop on the PC where you can transfer purchases from a USB onto the OUYA.
- Controller looks better than what it really is. The DPAD is horrible and buttons are not very responsive. If you are going to play games make sure you use your PS3 controller or plug in a USB controller. Lets hope they rerelease an improved controller in the future that is comparable to the Xbox 360 or PS3 quality.
- The user interface is glitchy. Some apps are difficult to exit, payments cannot be made when purchasing games due to connection wifi problems, sound popping noises in the UI. Essentially work needs to be done on the UI.
Overall I do believe the console has lots of potential and overall has excellent video, colour and audio. The ability to use other USB devices and controllers is a HUGE Plus and can't wait to see what else comes out for this console.
The games arnt super complexed they are great for people who dont have the time to invest in a game that is like a story. These games are like the old days when you could play till your 3 lives were dead and still make it to the dinner table before your momma beat you for being late.
If you really get into this box you can run old system emulators in 1080p full screen, unlike your buddy down the road who pulls out his old nintendo once in a while at retro parties, and has 2 black bars on the side of the screen wasting all that space he paid lots of money for.
You can also dig up a few apps to stream movies and music to your entertainment system. It runs netflix and other apps like that with some good advertising this thing could blow up. I use it more than Apple TV now
As far as netflix, works good for that as well. The app itself is a pain in the ass to use without a mouse, though, but if you're used to neftlix on the playstation or any android phone its pretty well the same app. As I've seen elsewhere, yes, it does start in awful quality, but a few seconds in the app will boost up to full 1080p.
My USB flash drive also worked perfectly in it, as did my 3TB external drive. Though when I hook my USB hub into the OUYA and connect both drives up, the OUYA will only read one of them. This is a documented issue, and I believe they're working to try and fix it.
The major downside is the wi-fi and bluetooth signal strength. Honestly, do not even bother using this thing unless you have a powerful wi-fi router, or are able to hook the OUYA up with ethernet. Its a joke how bad it is. And since the same antenna also handles bluetooth signals, its just as bad for that. Controller reception is 10 feet, maybe. This can be helped by turning the OUYA itself on its side (the bottom and top of the case are clear plastic, and allow for better signal transmission if sideways.)
All in all, I have no idea how this thing plays games because I've never used it for that, but as a cheap home theatre PC, its badass. Couldn't be happier.
Most recent customer reviews
Loaded Kodi on this and couldn't be more happy. Controller is better than expected. Performance is still good after a year of usePublished 12 days ago by Bazel5
Great idea, but support from OUYA ended quite a while ago. Now used as an Android TV box with KODI installed (XBMC).Published 12 days ago by Michael L.
18 months later and this little box still playing Kodi very well. Can no longer ip to latest Kodi version, but still performing as well as new boxes.Published 16 days ago by Gord Leonhardt
Love the Ouya.. Great little android box. Don;t really use it for gaming but fantastic for Kodi.
Shame you can't get these anymore
I got this console on release with a controller for $99. I don't know why its so much now.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Hard to find this little box anymore. Really solid build for gaming and video streaming like Xbmc/kodi. Highly recommendedPublished 1 month ago by Chen (Lawrence) Zhang