- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Objects First with Java: A Practical Introduction Using BlueJ (5th Edition) Paperback – Dec 5 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
David Barnes is a Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of Kent, in Canterbury, England. He has been teaching introductory programming for over 25 years, and has practical experience of a wide range of programming languages. He has been teaching object-oriented programming in Java for over 10 years. David is passionate about the excitement that is inherent in computer science and is actively involved in promoting it as a subject area to high-school children. In addition to computing education, his main research is in the area of software engineering.
Michael Kölling is a Senior Lecturer at the Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, in Canterbury, England. He holds a PhD in computer science from Sydney University, and has worked in Australia, Denmark and the UK. Michael’s research interests are in the areas of object-oriented systems, programming languages, software tools, computing education. He has published numerous papers on object-orientation and computing education topics. Michael is one of the developers of BlueJ and, more recently, the Greenfoot platform.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It's clear that the teachers know how to get the material across to students.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Java > Beginner's Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object-Oriented Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Object-Oriented Software Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages