Off The Grid Homes: Case Studies for Sunstainable Living Paperback – Apr 15 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Lori Ryker grew up in Texas and has lived and worked in a variety of locations, including Boston, New York City, Portland, and Basel, Switzerland. She now resides in Livingston, Montana, where she teaches in the School of Architecture at Montana State University and is a partner, along with Brett W. Nave, of Ryker/Nave Design. Their work has been published in The House You Build, and Western Interiors and Design. Ryker holds a MArch from Harvard Graduate School of Design and a Ph.D. from Texas A & M University. She is the author of Mockbee Coker: Thought and Process. AUDREY HALL'S photography has been widely published; her feature stories have appeared in The New York Times, Interiors, Luxe, Preservation, Country Living, Sunset, and the Wall Street Journal. She lives in Livingston, Montana.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. a how-to guide
2. full of ideas you can implement right now
3. particularly ecologically or budget conscious
What this book is:
3. thought provoking
We picked this up in a modern art museum if that tells you anything. The houses are not shining examples of green living but they are beautiful and inspiring as my mate and I plan and think about our own dreams and plans. The people that are panning this book were likely expecting a different book - I say it's successful at its intended purpose.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Home Design > Energy Efficient Design
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Home Design > House Plans
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Buildings > Residential
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference > Methods & Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction