On Our Own Terms: Portraits Of Women Business Leaders Paperback – Oct 13 1995
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
The 15 women executives profiled here are intended as role models, so they are seen primarily through their own eyes. About half of each entry consists of direct quotes from the profilee. These are interspersed with comments by the authors (Enkelis is a photographer, Olsen an art director, Lewenstein an editor), with flattering photographs taken by Enkelis. Some names, such as Wilma Mankiller, principal chief of the Cherokee Nation, may be familiar from the news, but most will not. These women have encountered problems such as divorce, difficulty in obtaining financing, or being discounted due to their gender, but the emphasis is on success and what they have done right. Coverage spans a variety of industries, including nonprofit. The graphics quality is noteworthy. Recommended to fill a gap in business collections because there is a relative dearth of literature providing positive portraits of women business leaders.?Sue McKimm, Cuyahoga Cty. P.L., Parma, Ohio
Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Unusual, candid, and unconventional role models--all CEOs of corporations with annual revenues exceeding $10 million--offer a fresh look at women in business in their own words. From Josie Natori of a Manhattan-based women's apparel manufacturer to the Minyard sisters of the eponymous Dallas^-Fort Worth food stores, each corporate head speaks frankly about her background, education, obstacles, philosophy, and life balance. It is clear in these eloquent portraits that anyone can choose to lead (and succeed) despite color, race, gender, or ethnicity. Barbara Jacobs
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History > Company Profiles
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Workplace
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business & Investing > Women & Business
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations