Well I start out by saying... It's Nightwish, who would expect a bad release from them? This is far from bad, it's extraordinary. Each time they change their style a bit, and they have yet to fail pulling it off. I will rate song by song.
1. Dark Chest of Wonders - 5/5 - Nightwish is known for heavy starts, and I feel this one beats them all.
2. I Wish I Had An Angel - 4/5 - Similar to the "Century Child" song "End of All Hope." But still great nonetheless.
3. Nemo - 5/5 - Ah yes, the first single from the album. It's soft, it's heavy, it's Nightwish, enough said.
4. Planet Hell - 5/5 - This is where I noticed a change. Very interesting opening and the song gets better from there.
5. Creek Mary's Blood - 5/5 - Celtic-sounding, soothing, enchanting. I believe it's a short story about the 'Trail of Tears' ... Indian language spoken at the end of the song.
6. The Siren - 5/5 - Heavy and catchy... Even though Tarja just harmonizes, I still feel myself humming.
7. Dead Gardens - 4/5 - Heavy and interesting. It grows on you, I didn't like it much at first but now I like it more. I love the reference to 'Elvenpath'.
8. Romanticide - 4/5 - More harmonizing from Tarja. I can't really get into the song or chorus much, but still great.
9. Ghost Love Score - 6/5 - Yes, it gets a 6. And I know that it's 10 minutes long, but I stay attached the whole time. My favorite track on the CD.
10. Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan - 5/5 - A slow song for every CD. This is it. Finnish is a very posessing language I have learned from this song. Way to go Tarja.
11. Higher Than Hope - 4/5 - Not really a good way to end a Nightwish CD, however, "Ghost Love Score" makes up for what it lacks. I just don't like the chorus much, it doesn't seem to match the verses.
Well that about covers it, and if it doesn't, you can always ask questions. -_- This CD is a definite buy, and if you are a Nightwish fan you MUST add this to your collection!