The first time I had ever heard of One Direction was 19 hours after their music video for "One Thing" was posted on youtube. I watched the video a couple of times and instantly fell in love with the group. I could tell that they have musical talent, that they love performing, and most importantly, they get along extremely well. That's one thing I look for in a band- how well the members get along- and 1D passed the test in just that one video!
I found myself wanting to know more about them, so I watched more videos on youtube (interviews, video diaries from the XFactor, etc..)and read about the group on google. Sooner or later, curiosity got the best of me and I went to amazon.com to see if they had anything 1D related- I was surprised when I found the amount of books and merchandise that they had to offer!
I scrolled through the pages and came across this book and thought "Well, this might be a good place to start!" So I ordered the book and it arrived on my doorstep right on time! In perfect condition too!
1. The appearance of the book is wonderful. The cover is smooth and the red lettering is reflective!
2. This book is FILLED with information about the group! From each individual member to different XFactor contestants.
3. Easy to read- I never once found myself bored of reading! I enjoyed learning new snippets of information here and there.
4. Nice pictures! This book has a picture on almost every page and they're all different too!
Cons: (I barely have anything to complain about, these were just a couple of things that caught my eye)
1. Throughout the book, I have encountered a few, minor, misspellings. (I usually don't care about misspellings- we're all humans right? No one's perfect- but some of the errors were reoccurring. I found that a little troublesome).
2. When you come across one of the chapters for each of the boys, you will notice that at the end of the chapter, there is a box that lists five interesting fact about each guy. I was reading the facts about Niall and it said that his middle name is Timothy (p. 183). I could be wrong, but I thought his middle name was James (just like Liam). I'm not exactly complaining about this fact, I'm more confused than anything!
I would recommend this book to any Directioner or to anyone who is interested in joining the 1D family! This book did not let me down- it was a true pleasure to read!