|3. Deep Kick|
|4. My Friends|
|5. Coffee Shop|
|7. One Big Mob|
|10. One Hot Minute|
|11. Falling Into Grace|
|12. Shallow Be Thy Game|
"One Hot Minute" has many great song's. The Top 8 tracks are :
1) "Warped" - Phycedelic rock fest. Starts the album off great.
2) "Aeorplane" - Classic chili! Funky and Fun , Catchey and a very hot video!
3) "My Freinds" - The one song that did well on the album is truley a great one! Pretty and catchey.
4) "Coffee Shop" - Riffy , rocky , funky and of course fun! Really highlighs Dave Navarro.
5)"One Big Mob" - This song brings us back to the 80's! Raping , funky and a hell of alot of energy put into it!
6) "Pea" - Flea , his voice and his bass. Say no more!
7) "Walkabout" - This is a fun , cool , mellow and easy going track. Close your eyes and drift away!
8) "Tearjerker" - Written about the late great Kurt Cobain. Beutifull catchey track. Also if all you "Californication" fans would give this song a chance you would love it.
Now those are just the highlights of the album. The rest is great to! So give it a
listen see what you think and chances are you will love it!
Also I would like to get it straight I was in no way dissing "Californication" or
"By The Way". They have there great moments as well!
WHY DONT THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS PLAY THIS STUFF LIVE ANYMORE!!!
The Chili's somehow had to fill the huge void left by Frusciante, and had a number of different fill-in guitarists to complete the tour. They eventually settled with Dave Navarro, formerly of Janes Addiction fame, and in 1995, they set about working on the follow up to what was their best album to date.
Obviously upon its release, expectations were high. There was obviously going to be a slightly different change in sound, as Frusciante had such a unique style. But the resulting album 'One Hot Minute' was released, and was not well received. The sound of the band had changed quite considerably, and in many peoples eyes, not for the better. However, in my own personal view, this album shows a different side of the Chili's, but not a worse side. I really like the album, its very varied from start to finish. Dark in some places, jovial in others. Here is a summary of my opinions of the tracks.
'Warped' - A noisy start to the album, at first it seems a bit too disjointed, but it is definitely a grower, and one of the highlights
'Aeroplane' - A true Chili's classic. Funky as hell, and a great colourful video.
'Deep kick' - Kiedis spends a couple of minutes waffling on about nonsense, before breaking into a bouncy/heavy/funky track
'My Friends' - Ballad number 1 on the album, and almost sounds a little like the classic under the bridge. Nice track.
'Coffee shop' - A great funk rock fest, with bizarre lyrics, and a brilliant slap bass line.