Overview With your purchase of the Ooma Telo, you'll enjoy:
- Free calling within Canada and low-cost international calls
- Caller-ID, call-waiting and 911
- Outstanding voice quality, reliability and security.
- Easy set-up--most people are making calls within 15 minutes
- Compatibility with any home telephone--no PC or headset required
- Option to keep your current number or select a new one
- 30-day money-back guarantee and extendable 1-year warranty
- Free trial of Ooma Premier--call anyone in Canada and the United States for free
Call anywhere in Canada,
free of charge
Free Calls in Canada and Low International Rates
With its sleek design and enhanced calling features, the only thing that's not stunning about the Ooma Telo is the price tag. The Telo allows you to enjoy free calls within Canada and exceptional international rates. The end result is hundreds of dollars of savings on your phone bills each year.
Crisp, Clear Voice Quality
The Telo uses advanced Ooma PureVoice HD technology to deliver exceptional voice quality and reliability. You'll retain the crisp, acoustic performance of a landline without the associated costs. Ooma HD Voice technology delivers stunning realism and fidelity when you call another Ooma Telo user (HD compatible phone required).
Easy Installation with Your Existing Phones
The Ooma Telo has been designed for intuitive and easy installation: simply connect it to your router and your existing home telephone. Most customers are connected and making calls in less then 15 minutes. If you've got any questions, the Ooma support site is loaded with dozens of articles, diagrams, tips, and friendly help.
By replacing your landline with Ooma, you could save a bundle.
Port Your Existing Phone Number
For a one-time fee of $39.99, Ooma gives you the option of retaining your current telephone number. If you prefer to change numbers, you can choose a new number in almost any calling area in Canada at no extra cost.
Supports the Ooma Telo Handset™ (Coming in 2012)
Get the most out of your Ooma Telo with the official Ooma Telo Handset. Using the latest DECT 6.0 technology, the handset enhances the already clear, crisp sound quality of Ooma PureVoice HD technology to deliver unparalleled fidelity on HD Voice phone calls. It syncs with your online phonebook and allows you to take full advantage of premium Ooma features like the Instant Second Line™, Call Screening, and Personal Devices. You don't need an Ooma Telo Handset to use Ooma, but it will definitely enhance your experience.
Ooma Mobile HD App for Android and iPhone
Save money on mobile calling by tapping into your Ooma account on the go. With the Ooma Mobile HD app you can use your Android or Apple iOS device to bypass your cell phone carrier and make calls using any Wi-Fi or 3G network. Call around the world and save up to 90 percent over traditional mobile calling rates.
With the Ooma Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately), Ooma customers can merge their mobile phone and home phone together. Simply plug the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port on your Ooma Telo, linksync your mobile phone, and you're good to go. Now you can enjoy the convenience of answering your mobile phone calls on any phone in your home, plus. Plus, you won't have to worry about poor reception or dropped calls.
Ooma Wireless Adapter
Plug-in the Ooma Wireless Adapter (sold separately) and unplug your Ooma Telo so you can place it anywhere in range of your wireless network.
My.Ooma gives you unrestricted access to your account and phone service.
Personal Web Portal
My Ooma is the online command center for your Ooma system. It's the ultimate in convenience - you can check your voicemail and call logs, configure your preferences, upload your Contact List, update your 911 address and much more. Access My Ooma anytime and anywhere that you have an Internet connection, even from your mobile smartphone!
What's in the Box
The package contains an Ooma Telo, an Ethernet cable, and an AC adapter.
Ooma PureVoice™ HD
In today's connected home environment with Internet file sharing, video streaming, online gaming, and more, there's a lot of network traffic that your voice calls will need to compete with. PureVoice™ HD technology allows Ooma to deliver clear audio even when substandard calling conditions exist. Ooma PureVoice™ HD Technology is composed of five key components:
Advanced Voice Compression
Ooma uses an advanced voice compression algorithm that consumes over 60% less bandwidth than standard VoIP technology. That leaves you with more bandwidth for your other online activities, and increases the likelihood that your voice traffic will be delivered.
Wire-speed Quality of Service
Even though Ooma uses only a fraction of the bandwidth of standard VoIP technology, those packets need to arrive without delay for optimal quality. The Ooma Telo prioritizes voice packets without slowing down the rest of your network. This way you can enjoy crystal clear calls even as you're uploading your latest video clips.
Network packet loss is the enemy of VoIP - dropped packets can cause voice to sound stuttered or garbled. The Ooma Telo detects packet loss on your Internet connection and automatically sends redundant packets to boost the clarity of your phone call.
Ooma takes your privacy seriously. We leverage the same encryption technology that governments use to protect classified data to protect your conversations. This makes Ooma even more secure than the traditional landline.
High Definition Technology
HD Voice technology doubles the fidelity of your phone calls by capturing twice the speech information of a standard voice call (yes, that even includes your landline). When you and the other caller both use an Ooma Telo Handset or other HD compatible phone, your voice will sound more natural than ever. Why put up with the inferior quality of standard definition calls when you can upgrade to HD?
Discover Ooma Premier
Ooma Premier is a bundle of enhanced calling features that will get your home phone service firing on all cylinders. Each Ooma Telo includes a free trial of Ooma Premier, giving you the chance to test drive over 25 industry-leading features that will help you get the most out of your Ooma Telo. Plus, you can call anyone in Canada and the United States for free.
A subscription to Ooma Premier costs just $9.99 per month. If you sign up for an annual subscription, we'll even send you your choice of a free gift: choose from a free number port or a one-year extended warranty.
Use your free trial to explore all that Ooma Premier has to offer! Some of our most popular features include:
Advanced Voicemail Features
With Ooma Premier, you'll have access to first-class voicemail options. Enjoy the ultimate convenience of having your voicemails forwarded to e-mail or your cell phone. Use our Call Screening feature to listen in as callers leave their message. And if you're ready for some peace and quiet, take advantage of Send to Voicemail and Do Not Disturb. These enhanced voicemail features give you the flexibility to make your voicemail work for you!
Instant Second Line™
In a busy household, you will often find that two people want to use the phone at the same time. Eliminate those squabbles with the Instant Second Line. Whether the call is incoming or outgoing, the Instant Second Line lets two people be on two different phone calls at once--all without needing a second phone number.
Don't recognize the phone number on an incoming call? Not sure whether or not to answer? Enhanced Caller-ID will look up the caller's name from a national database so you'll have more than just the number to let you know who's on the line.
Going out shouldn't be cause for concern when you leave your kids with a babysitter or when you're caring for a loved one. Gain some peace of mind with 911 notifications. If anyone dials 911 from your Ooma phone, we'll immediately send a text message to your cell phone letting you know. You'll instantly be alerted that there's a problem, and can respond to the situation appropriately.
Do your loved ones call you from out of state? Extend the benefit of free calling to them! Ooma Premier comes with a free second phone number. Pick one from their calling area so you'll just be a local call away!
Choose a free second number from any calling area in Canada and set it up so that it only rings specific extensions in your house. Your personal number will roll to a separate voicemail box, allowing you to give your kids their own phone line or separate your personal phone from your home office. Each new number even gets its own My Ooma login to allow further customization!
Constantly on the go? Multi-Ring takes call forwarding to the next level. Configure your Ooma number to simultaneously ring your home phone and mobile phone. Whether you're at home or on the road, you'll never miss a call.
Personal and Community Blacklists
Sometimes there are people you just don't want to hear from. Whether you're sick of telemarketers or want to block certain individuals from reaching you by phone, Ooma Premier can help. With community blacklists to block out known nuisances, and individual blacklists to help protect your privacy from specific callers, you can have total control over when your phone rings--and more importantly, when it doesn't.
Three-way Conference Calls
Including a third person in the conversation is a snap with our three-way conference calling feature. Whether you're conducting a business meeting or having a casual group chat with several friends, three-way conference calling will keep you connected.
Much, much more
In total, Ooma Premier subscribers have access to over 20 advanced calling features as well as. As an added bonus, Premier subscribers receive exclusive benefits such as 250 free Ooma Mobile calling minutes every month and, access to our best international calling plans, and more. With so much to choose from, there's sure to be something that fits your lifestyle. Once you've had a taste of Ooma Premier, you might just wonder how you ever lived without it!
- High-speed fixed-line Internet connection (cable, DSL, fiber-optic)
- 256 Kbps upstream network speed (384 Kbps recommended)
- Corded or cordless home phone, or optional Ooma Telo Handset
- Intended for residential use only
- Free Canadian calling: No monthly fee required to call anyone, anytime, anywhere in Canada.
- Phone number flexibility: Choose a new number anywhere in Canada or transfer an existing number for a nominal one-time charge
- Caller-ID: See the number of who is calling (caller-ID compatible phone required)
- Call-waiting: Switch to a second incoming call when you are already on the line
- Call-waiting caller-ID: See the number on a second incoming call before you switch over
- Voicemail: Access your messages remotely from any phone or web browser
- Ooma PureVoice HD technology: Enjoy unmatched voice quality and reliability
- One-Touch Voicemail access: Listen to messages hands-free with the built-in speaker
- My Ooma: Check messages and set up your account preferences online
- Bluetooth Support: Merge your home phone and mobile phone together (Ooma Bluetooth Adapter sold separately)
- Call logs: Check your calling history online
- Enhanced 911: Your address is automatically sent to emergency personnel when you dial 911 (where available)
- Free in-network calling: Call other Ooma numbers anywhere in the world for free
- Outbound caller name: Your name will show on other peoples' caller-IDs (other party must have caller-ID with name feature)
- Caller-ID blocking: Use *67/*82 to block or display your caller-ID for outgoing calls
- Call return: Redial the last incoming call by dialing *69
- Prepaid international calling: Our low international rates will keep you talking for hours
- Directory assistance: Make 411 calls at $0.99 per call
- Warranty: All Ooma Telo units come with an extendable one-year limited warranty
Ooma Premier (subscribe for just $9.99/month)
- Personal Blacklist: Keep unwanted personal callers away by blocking their number
- Community Blacklist: Block spammers, autodialers and telemarketers before they've tried to call you
- Anonymous call blocking: Automatically block anonymous calls from ringing your phone
- Call Forwarding: Send calls straight to your mobile phone when you're away from home
- Multi-Ring: Simultaneously ring your Ooma number and your mobile phone
- Call Screening: Listen in as a caller is leaving their voicemail message
- Voicemail Notifications: Receive email or text notifications when you receive a new voicemail
- Voicemail Forwarding: Receive email attachments with an audio file of new voicemails
- 911 Notifications: Get alerts if anyone dials 911 from your home phone
- Instant Second Line: Make a second call even when someone else is on the phone (requires Ooma Telo Handset)
- Enhanced Call Waiting: Answer an incoming call even when someone else is on the phone (requires Ooma Telo Handset)
- Three-way conferencing: Conference two lines together with the push of a button
- Send to Voicemail: Transfer a call to voicemail at a touch of a button
- Do Not Disturb: Transfer all incoming calls directly to voicemail at a touch of a button
- Personal Numbers: Select an additional phone number in any available calling area in Canada or the U.S.
- Personal Devices: Configure your personal number to only ring on your private extension (requires Ooma Telo Handset)
- Private Voicemail: Create separate voicemail boxes for personal devices requires Ooma Telo Handset)
- Custom Ring Patterns: Distinctively ring your personal numbers and private devices
- Google Voice Extensions: Convenient access to Google Voice from your home phone
- Voice-to-Text: Preview your voicemails with transcribed text sent to email or your cell phone (requires additional monthly fee)
- International Calling Plans: Access our best international calling plans to get the biggest bang for your buck
- Free gift with annual subscription: Choose between a free number port and a one-year extension on your warranty
Dimensions: 7.5"W x 6"D x 2.25"H (187 x 150 x 55mm)
Weight: 14 ounces (400g)
Ports: 10/100 Ethernet LAN Port, 10/100 Ethernet WAN port, RJ-11 phone port
Power: 5 VDC, 2 A
Package Contents: Ooma Telo Device, Ethernet Cable, AC Adapter, Quick Start Guide