Opal Paperback – Nov 2009
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Lauraine Snelling is an award-winning author of more than 30 books with sales of over two million copies. She also writes for a wide range of magazines and teaches at writers' conferences across the country. She and her husband make their home in Tehachapi, California.
Top Customer Reviews
Most readers will have followed Ruby and Opal from the first volume of this quadrilogy. Snelling’s writing can be criticized as being predictable and formulaic. However, she usually manages to dish up surprises and loyal readers appreciate the growing affinity they feel towards the main characters. The author hardly ever abandons her reader’s attention for any length of time. It can happen when she gets bogged down in too many detailed descriptions of domestic chores or—as in this book—of training horses, but after a few pages the plot moves on to new situations and adventures.
This is pleasant reading, especially for fans of Christian sentimentalism. God is believed, or at least suspected, to have a hand in all events. Human free will is constantly challenged to be guided and to follow the Divine impulse. The Bible is the textbook for a happy and successful existence. Readers who are not avid Christians may find that kind of orientation quaint and outdated.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance
- Books > Christian Living Store > Classic & Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Westerns
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sisters
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Fiction
- Books > Romance