Opening Minds: A Journey of Extraordinary Encounters, Crop Circles, and Resonance Paperback – May 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
The author analyzes our culture concerning time, work, and technology. He shows how our beliefs block our intuitive ability to connect with the infinite universe. Dr Hein, while writing of his personal journey, presents a rational perspective from which to view a wide range of phenomena - subtle energies, crop formations, and extraterrestrials.
About the Author
Dr. Simeon Hein has a PhD in sociology. His dissertation focussed on fractals and the role of technology in limiting people's ability to perceive information. He has been studying remote viewing and crop circles since 1996. His current research is about natural technologies and how humans can access them. Dr. Hein is a member of the International Society for the Study of Subtle Energy Medicine and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He also writes and records guitar music. His most recent CD is entitled "Opening Skies."
Inside This Book(Learn More)
IN EDWIN ABBOTT'S CLASSIC book, Flatland, written in 1884, the inhabitants of a two-dimensional land live in a world of limited space and belief system. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Top Customer Reviews
What I want to say is that my own findings, that the crop circles are made by spiritually inspired humans, coincide strongly with Dr. Hein's -- and indeed that his ideas have greatly extended my own thinking.
The fact is that what is flattening the crops is NOT where the mystery lies. There are SO many other unanswered questions, from the balls of light that have been seen by hundreds of people in the vicinity of crop circles (and close up by people making crop circles!), to what I call the "telepathic connection," as well as many other bewildering things which are covered in Opening Minds.
I recommend the book as by far the most realistic AND enlightening on the subject of the circles I have ever seen. Dr. Hein's discussion of UFOs and remote viewing, etc., are equally insightful.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book, while weak on photographs and illustrations, is stronger on thinking and cross fertilization. I drew three points out of it:
1) Humans are barely scratching the surface of what they can do with their full conscious and sub-conscious powers. Our culture has literally destroyed much of our inherent talent for thinking and intuiting and remote viewing and sub-conscious communications.
2) There is, according to this author, and I for one believe him, clear evidence that remote viewing, when focused on extra-terrestrial targets (e.g. Martian Scientists), appears to open channels for receiving from those extra-terrestrial targets, direct sub-conscious inputs and assistance.
3) Finally, that crop formations, both those that humans make and those that seem to appear as gigantic beacons to some form of intelligence viewing the Earth from afar, are a focal point where a blending of different energies take place--magnetic fields, light fields, thought fields.
I put both these books down in a pensive mood. There is so much that is going wrong with the world, and yet there is so much that could be gotten right if we just harnessed the distributed intelligence of everyone, including the five billion poor at the bottom of the pyramid. We are--despite our millions of years of so-called development as a species--evidently at the 2nd grade level, still pooping in our crib, throwing tantrums, spilling food and breaking things. One can only gasp at the potential of the human species if it ever "grew up."
These are both serious and very worthwhile books to buy and read.
Writing about the occult sciences has been popular in the tradition of European literature since the 1500s when the Oxford English dictionary defined the term as "beyond the range of ordinary knowledge". These are just such the planes of being Hein encourages us to explore in his discussions of remote viewing, crop circles, resonance, and dreaded existentialism during this era of devotion to technology.
The first chapters of the book consider the Age of Illumination mentality we have inherited and how such clockwork versions of the world can lead us to feel trapped within mental walls while timeless, organic vignettes of a deeper reality are pictured just outside the window, out of reach. What Hein as bodhisattva leads the reader towards via discussions of Abbott's Flatland, the Butterfly Effect, sociological considerations of dystopias, and the rigidity of Western thought is truly simple: reconsider what it means to know and what it is to be in this best of all possible worlds.
The later chapters require a leap of faith on the reader's part as they discuss Ufology, government sponsored psychic research programs, and the residual energy created by the formation of crop circles. He also includes an interesting personal account of his entry into the world of alternative realities. However, the author doesn't try to convince or propagandize- he merely reports the phenomena as he experiences it.
Many writers, such a Fourier, Goethe, Nerval, and Strindberg have sought such fruitful, Orphic realms for the expression of the mind's untapped creativity. It is interesting to note that upon this reviewer's reading, several nights of extremely lucid dreaming occurred.
"Opening Minds" is essential reading for anyone who is fascinated by the topics it covers and who appreciates a writer who is in touch with the Jungian collective unconsciousness at a very deep, soulful level.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Fractals
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Crop Circles
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Parapsychology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > UFOs
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Unexplained Mysteries
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > UFOs
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Fractals
- Books > Textbooks