- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Optimization Concepts and Applications in Engineering Hardcover – Mar 28 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
It is vitally important to meet or exceed previous quality and reliability standards while at the same time reducing resource consumption. This textbook addresses this critical imperative covering a variety of optimization problems using: unconstrained, constrained, gradient, and non-gradient techniques; duality concepts; multiobjective optimization; linear, integer, geometric, and dynamic programming with applications; and finite element-based optimization.
From the Back Cover
This new hands-on book focuses on the implementation of optimization in engineering. Offering a strong foundation and coverage of theory, this new book provides the student with experiential learning through its special attention to implementation as well as its accompanying computer programs all on a single platformon disk. Features reliable and tested computer programs of real-world optimization problems that include discussion and programs on shape and topology optimization of structures not found in other books. Includes various exercise problems and solved examples. Offers detailed discussion of algorithms, their implementation and computer programs with source code. With its emphasis on implementation and availability of computer programs, this book will be useful to those in this industry, including researchers and practicing engineers. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I highly recommend this book for numerical optimization students and professional.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Digital Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Math > Technology
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics > Statistics