From the Back Cover
Complete Coverage of Oracle Essbase and Oracle OLAP
Written by renowned experts on both Oracle Essbase and Oracle OLAP, this exclusive Oracle Press guide explains the unique features and benefits of these powerful online analytic processing products. Oracle Essbase & Oracle OLAP: The Guide to Oracle's Multidimensional Solution provides the details you need to architect the OLAP solution that meets your requirements. Proven techniques for building robust applications and tuning and maintaining your OLAP environment are included in this authoritative resource. Real-world case studies illustrate the material presented.
- Learn OLAP concepts and history
- Understand OLAP as a key component of any business intelligence architecture
- Design and build Oracle OLAP analytic workspaces
- Plan and create Oracle Essbase databases
- Generate reports from Oracle OLAP, Oracle Essbase, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, and other tools
- Accelerate and enhance data warehouses with Oracle OLAP
- Use Oracle Essbase with performance management applications, including Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management, Oracle Crystal Ball, and Oracle Smart Space
- Develop custom applications using Java APIs
- Configure, optimize, tune, and maintain Oracle Essbase and Oracle OLAP
About the Author
Michael Schrader is the director of BI Strategy at Oracle.
Dan Vlamis, founder of Vlamis Software Solutions, Inc., is a beta tester and customer advisory board member for Oracle BI and OLAP-related products.
Mike Nader is a global domain expert for Essbase and Analytics with Oracle's Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence team.
Chris Claterbos is consulting manager for Vlamis Software, specializing in data warehousing and BI implementations.
Dave Collins has been working with Essbase as a consultant and instructor for more than 15 years.
Mitch Campbell is a global domain expert for Business Intelligence at Oracle.
Floyd Conrad has been working with Hyperion Planning as a customer and sales consultant for more than 15 years.