Pairing appetizers and wines for a culinary orgasm.
"Shari Darling, Canada's food-and-wine-pairing diva, takes culinary bliss to a new level. Don't even think of taking another bite or sip without her advice. Her book won't just add zest to your table, it'll also spice up your sensual life!"
- Natalie MacLean, author of Red, White and Drunk All Over and four-time James Beard Award Winner
When a tasty bite is consumed and then paired with a sip of a fabulous wine that hits the right note, the experience has been called a culinary orgasm. In her new book, Orgasmic Appetizers and Matching Wines, Shari Darling pairs simple appetizers with everyday wines in a way that elicits the MOAN FACTOR© every time.
With sections on food and wine pairing, wine styles and exploring the senses -- along with a superb selection of appetizer recipes -- Shari Darling celebrates spine-tingling culinary enjoyment in a way that appeals to any cook or wine lover.
Here are some of her mouthwatering appetizers:
- Wanton shrimp
- Virgin cherries stuffed with goat cheese
- Salt lover's canapé
- Geisha carrot dip with crisp vegetables
- Salivating lobster salad sliders
- Hot and creamy crab tartlettes
- Spicy, 'n' smoky two-day, two-bite ribs
- Truffle mashed potatoes with garlic and caramelized leeks.
Each recipe is paired with just the right wine selection to tantalize party guests or spice up a romantic interlude using the MOAN FACTOR©.